Notices

Oil pressure sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure sensor?

I'm in the process of installing my turbo and I have a question. Is it absolutly necesary for the oil pressure sensor to be connected for the car to function properly? Someone told me it was just an idiot light and I could unplug and take it out. Then I was told by a different person that the car would continually (sp?) add pressure and I'd end up blowing the seals on my turbo cause the car had no way of telling what kind of pressure it was up to.

Right now I have a 90* fitting on the block (one side BSPT one side NPT) with my AN SS line connected to it and running to the turbo. See any problems with this since the oil pressure sensor isn't in use?

Thanks for all your help,
Nick

[Modified by T25 civic, 4:55 AM 10/24/2002]
Old 10-23-2002, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Oil pressure sensor? (T25 civic)

There won't be any problems, just no warning light. Whoever told you about the car continually adding pressure is just moron. Do yourself a favor and don't ever listen to anything this person tells you ever again!! Oil pumps are mechanical and the computer can't tell it what to do.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Oil pressure sensor? (tony1)

HA HA!!!
Old 10-23-2002, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Oil pressure sensor? (tony1)

There won't be any problems, just no warning light. Whoever told you about the car continually adding pressure is just moron. Do yourself a favor and don't ever listen to anything this person tells you ever again!! Oil pumps are mechanical and the computer can't tell it what to do.
LOL I was thinking this myself, but since this is the first time I've done a turbo and the oil sensor wasn't something I put much time into researching so I didn't want to just completely ignore something someone told me.

He tried to tell me this after there was a small amount of oil comming out of the compressor. I thought it was cause my oil return line had a slight up slope in it and he said it might be that or it's probably the oil pressure thing. I didn't understand it at all. Since then I've changed the oil return line route and I feel confident that it will work.

Should I spray some kind of chemical (possibly something like brake clean) in the housing to get rid of the extra oil, if there is any still there, in the compressor housing?
Thanks for the quick replies,
Nick
Old 10-23-2002, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Oil pressure sensor? (T25 civic)

anyone?
Nick