Notices

oil pressure HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure HELP

ok. im having a problem now w/ my low oil pressure light coming on. when i first installed my turbo it would come on whenever i first started the car for about 10-15 seconds (which i was assuming about how long it took for pressure to build up in the line) and then it would go out and never come back on. i've been driving it around for the past 4-5 days and today out of the blue it started to blink on/off every few minutes, and then it came on and stayed on. i pulled off and check my oil and i was just above the bottom hole on the dipstick so i topped off my oil and it still stayed on. it would only go off when i hit 3k and up. i havent checked for leaks at the oil pressure sensor yet, but there is no oil leaking out from under the car, so im assuming its not leaking oil. the feed definitely isnt leaking, i checked the return by feel and it felt dry. when i get under the car tomorrow i'll know for sure. anyways, does anyone think it might be my sensor going bad? im pretty sure it wouldnt be the oil pump, because the car would start knocking right away right? anyways, any feedback would be helpful. also, does anyone else have their low oil pressure light come on when they first start their car - so i can at least think it's a common thing to have happen. anyone think i might need to put a oil restrictor in? i was thinking that probably wouldnt be the problem though because it never stayed on until just today...
Old 09-07-2003, 12:52 PM

Default Re: oil pressure HELP (sk8rmike)

bump. turbo isnt getting oil now, anyone have any idea why? think there might be a blockage in the T off of the block?
Old 09-07-2003, 01:28 PM

Has it crossed your mind that your not getting oil to the engine? **** the turbo. The idiot light is on so check the oil pressure. If your turbo is not getting oil what makes you think that your ENGINE is not getting oil as well? If you don't know then check that first because the turbo is useless without an engine to run it.

Check the oil pressure using a guage and make sure there is atleast 10 psi when warm at idle and upwards of 30-60psi when the oil is cold at idle.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:34 PM

Oh ya, your turbo bearings are gone. Not to make it bad enough but thats the reason I said **** the turbo, because its fucked. Worry about your engine now because thats the only thing salvageable at this point.