Notices

Help!! OIL Leak, but I can't seem to fix it?! (No oil pressure)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 10:32 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: 99th level of hell, where all roads only go straight, where curves go to die. Houston Texas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! OIL Leak, but I can't seem to fix it?! (No oil pressure)

It's only the 3rd time I have driven it after I finally got my turbo all put in and all. (Maxrev... sorta kit) Anyway though, I notice that oil pressure says ZERO when I stop at a complete stop. Oil pressure goes back up as I get back on the gas, but once I come to a complete stop again, the oil pressure goes down to zero.

I took a look under the car, and I notice a dab on the ground. I touched it, and sure enough, it was oil, my oil, and the splash gaurd aslo had some oil on it. I drove to my friend place, who helped me put it on. It was the Oil fitting that seemed to be the culprit, so we tightened that bitch down. Clean it up a little.
We ran teh car, and no leaks seemed to come out of it and oil pressure seemed to be back up but..........

When I drove the car home, oil pressure seems okay. After hard driving and leaving the car at idle, oil pressure is around 2-10psi, sometimes 20psi. So long as there is SOME oil pressure I'm happy. what I'm not happy with is that there was a dab of oil on the ground AGAIN!! I took a look under the car, and the fittings seem to be.. kinda lubed up.

What the hell do I have to do to get rid of this damn oil LEAK!!
Here are some pics so you can get a idea.

This is a pic of my freshly burned oil on my dp

This is the pic of the oil fitting FROM the turbo.

Antoher shot of the same fitting, but from a different angle.

Pic of OIl fitting going INTO the oil pan.

Let me know if you guys see something that I don't or have suggestions that I can do to get rid of this damn leak!
Old 03-24-2003, 10:47 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: 99th level of hell, where all roads only go straight, where curves go to die. Houston Texas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help!! OIL Leak, but I can't seem to fix it?! (Snafu-Si)

... Maybe I have cheap fittings? .. they were like... 20-30 bucks each..

Bwah I hate this! I don't feel like fuckign around with my car anymore, too much damn trouble. I'm pretty sure I'll be all happy once it's all done and all but.... Given another chance to do this all over again? ... no thanks.

I could have easily gotten a Honda CBR-600R. What do those do? 12's?? 11's stock? Wooo!

Sorry, just felt like venting.