Notices

odd question about cold start settings(aem), injectors and wiring resistor box (with diagrams).

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 11:34 PM
jep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default odd question about cold start settings(aem), injectors and wiring resistor box (with diagrams).

I bought a 2001 turbocharged integra and dont really know much about it but Im learning. I have learnt so much since I bought this car thanks to you Honda-tech guys. My car has aem standalone but I dont know what size injectors are on it. It does have a resistor box wired up to it but it doesnt look right.

Its a fully built b18c running 9:1 compression

My questions:

1) Is there anyway to find out what injectors are on my car using aem?

2) The first pic shows how a resistor box should be wired and the second pic shows how it's wired up on my car. can this be a problem

3) My car gives trouble everytime I cold start it. When it's warm, it does not give trouble. I saved the aem program and was looking at it. The cold start values are identical to a stock b16 program (10.2 degrees crank advance etc)

4) Did you guys with built engines have to adjust cold start settings alot to tailor to your individual engines?

PIC 1 - how it should be wired up

PIC 2 - how my car is wired up
Old 04-04-2007, 02:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm guessing since all the resistor box is doing is lowering the ohm's by passing a current in one way and out the other that it shouldn't matter which way it initially goes in, but I'm not sure, and its just an assumption so wait for someone else to chime in.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: odd question about cold start settings(aem), injectors and wiring resistor box (with diagrams).

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1) Is there anyway to find out what injectors are on my car using aem?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
in the aem pro check under setup--&gt;injectors--&gt;primary injector wizard (or something along those lines I don't have the s/w available right now, it's under the setup menu) and it will tell you what injectors it is set for
Old 04-04-2007, 05:03 PM
jep

Default Re: odd question about cold start settings(aem), injectors and wiring resistor box (with diagrams).

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by notoriousB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
in the aem pro check under setup--&gt;injectors--&gt;primary injector wizard (or something along those lines I don't have the s/w available right now, it's under the setup menu) and it will tell you what injectors it is set for
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, I see all the different listings of injectors, but the one that is checked off on mine is - honda civic (92-00 ex/si)/integra 240cc (23lb) 12 ohms. I know for a fact thats not the case cause the car made 500 whp.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:30 PM
jep

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by notoriousB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, I see all the different listings of injectors, but the one that is checked off on mine is - honda civic (92-00 ex/si)/integra 240cc (23lb) 12 ohms. I know for a fact thats not the case cause the car made 500 whp.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Post your Battery Offset Primary Table. Take a picture of the injectors in the fuel rail. What did the previous owner say?
Old 04-06-2007, 09:59 AM
jep

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alpha &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Post your Battery Offset Primary Table. Take a picture of the injectors in the fuel rail. What did the previous owner say?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The injectors say python on it, and after some research, i found it to be venom injectors. Below is a pic of batt offset primary table.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm, interesting the way your injectors are wired. And your your car runs fine?
Old 04-24-2007, 04:36 PM
jep

it runs ok when its warmed. sometimes when u give it gas and let off quickly, it will just shut off. it doesnt miss or anything.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just sounds like you need the cold start tuned as well as the idle and decel
Old 04-25-2007, 06:23 PM
jep

Default Re: (Jared)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just sounds like you need the cold start tuned as well as the idle and decel</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you guys have alot of problems getting an aem tuned car to start, idle and run like stock?

What about my wiring? I know its a bit different than what is normally recommended, but other than those few problems, my car runs fine. Or can the wiring be a supporting reason for these problems