OBX intake manifold??? What problems did you have?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBX intake manifold??? What problems did you have?

How did it not work and so on...ONLY interested in the intake manifold....If it was just a shitty bolt on or what...yes I am going for bling factor and it will flow a little better then stock with the turbo kit....Just let me know what clearance issues you ran into.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:27 PM

really I dont thing they have ever sold one. they look like ****. on ebay theres people selling the aebs manifold for cheap. I would jump on it. it looks better and well ... has to be better.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:47 PM
GSRswapandslow

the obx/spark/meng manifold is ****

there are MORE than 50 theards about it I'm sure. JUst search for God's sake.

but...if you wont'...

wastegate placement is in the worst possible place
it WILL crack, even with bracing
Old 08-25-2003, 08:53 PM

Default Re: (GSRswapandslow)

he said intake manifold not exhaust manifold. try not to flame people w/o being sure of what they're asking it makes you look stupid.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:05 PM
GSRswapandslow

haha, that's even a bigger piece of ****

and gordo...you're a douche
Old 08-25-2003, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thnx gordo....pretiate someone reading my post before opening their big yapper ^^
I am wanting one they just look nice but I hear bad things and I can fab **** to work but im not GOD almight so we'll see thnx for replies.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GSRswapandslow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha, that's even a bigger piece of ****

and gordo...you're a douche</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you own any OBX products? If you do or did, it would understandable why you're bashing their products. Otherwise, your resentment toward their product is misguided. Maybe it's just me.

We don't carry OBX products but I'm not a big fan of people slandering products they have no experience with.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:04 PM

Default Re: (ben@importparts.com)

I concure with Ben....... Unless you haev personal expirnece in some way. (not some friend of a friend, or you read someplace) then STFU... No sence talking out your pie hole if you ain't got the real deal info. That's liek being highschoolish ya know? We are all adults here, lets act like it..
Old 08-25-2003, 11:31 PM
GSRswapandslow

ok i've been doing this **** for a long time...and hyave messed with almost every product out there...including this manifold design

it is ****. hell, look at it...and you can tell. OBX makes shitty stuff that never makes power. Get over yourselves and don't bash me for waringing the guy about crap. **** you all, and i hope you all get rickets.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I replied in frustration and I've deleted the post because I didn't feel it was productive.

I'll leave it at this, if you don't have anything nice to say...

Modified by ben@importparts.com at 12:59 AM 8/26/2003
Old 08-25-2003, 11:54 PM

just to clarify this isn't hater tech, speaking more towards GSrswapandslow. Be nice, comments like "that manifold is ****" and "they only make shitty products" arent only incomplete, but they actually do make you look rather unintelligent, which im sure you arent.

If you would have said something more along the lines of "from my experience, it isn't a product worth having, or the gains do not warrant the price" would have made much more of a point, and come across with much more thought put into the comments.

Not trying to bash you, just trying to keep the content of the board of a higher standard than other boards. Nice words go a long way

on a side note, sorry to be off topic.

Brad

Old 08-26-2003, 02:37 AM
New User

Default Re: (lazerus)

Have you looked in an OBX catalogue recently? Apparently they located the supplier for GReddy's products, because they have a few of their overpriced parts down CHEAP CHEAP. They have the complete SOHC turbo kits, the remote switches for a decent price, and alot more goodies that I am too tired int he head to remark on right now.

SOME OBX products =
Most = or
Old 08-26-2003, 05:43 AM
GSRswapandslow

true...they have more and more stuff coming out.

the best looking thing they have are the SS downpipes for the supras and the civics and the whatnots.

but this is out of the new catalouge. The older OBX manifold is junk. the plenum design is lacking, and the runners looked like they took some pipe and just guessed on length and width... They basically made it to look cool...but not perform. Even with boost there were no gain, and bottom end loss on a car that we did. It's a sad sad piece of ****.

better?
Old 08-26-2003, 07:27 AM

absolutly better. Now you sound liek a real tech instead of some "yahoo." Rigth now, 12 hrs sleep in 3 days ahs ne goin off left and right so if i **** ya off, ya know the reason.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i saw one of these in person and there were small holes from the poor-welds (welded by a 6 year old no doubt) all over the intake ports at the head flange. The holes were filled with some epoxy so that there wouldnt be a vacuum leak... so i would have to concur with the man
Old 08-26-2003, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SiR Kid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiR Kid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have you looked in an OBX catalogue recently? Apparently they located the supplier for GReddy's products, because they have a few of their overpriced parts down CHEAP CHEAP. They have the complete SOHC turbo kits, the remote switches for a decent price, and alot more goodies that I am too tired int he head to remark on right now.

SOME OBX products =
Most = or </TD></TR></TABLE>

just cause its in their catalog doesn't mean it exists. don't be surprised if the pictures they show are of the real product except with their sticker on it.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:16 AM

I was just wondering,, does importparts.com always offer life lessons when somebody bashes another company? The only reason they actually act like they care is so nobody on here would ever bash them about thier products or fake sales,,,,, spare us the bible lessons guys were all mature adults here,
Old 08-26-2003, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DLOTYPER)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DLOTYPER &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was just wondering,, does importparts.com always offer life lessons when somebody bashes another company? The only reason they actually act like they care is so nobody on here would ever bash them about thier products or fake sales,,,,, spare us the bible lessons guys were all mature adults here, </TD></TR></TABLE>

Since the day I joined HT so many years ago, I've always tried to maintain some civility on the board. If you see it as acting, that's fine. I represent the company when posting about products but when it comes to being kind to the next guy, that's all me.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:30 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ben@importparts.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Since the day I joined HT so many years ago, I've always tried to maintain some civility on the board. If you see it as acting, that's fine. I represent the company when posting about products but when it comes to being kind to the next guy, that's all me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're ALMOST up to 3 years, Ben.

At least on this username... was there another?
Old 08-26-2003, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SiR Kid)

Nope I've only had this one. That got me thinking, of all the active members who's been here longest?
Old 08-27-2003, 02:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ben@importparts.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nope I've only had this one. That got me thinking, of all the active members who's been here longest?</TD></TR></TABLE>

im still here just post over in the s2k forum now but ive been here for around 3.5 years i used to be turbogsr.com aka profilegsr (had a turbo integra till it got stolen)
Old 08-27-2003, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PROFILES2000)

hey buddy you need to do search

I mean this other guy posted the same question and I was i a good mood enough to link him to about 25 old thread..... much more where that came from. Be smart and do some good old fashion reasearch, you'll find the answer. It really bugs me when people post the same questions over and over expecting to have their answers handed to them on a silver platter and what not.

My though on the manifold? Yeah they look hell nice and sweet..THAT IT.
the flow better than most cast manifolds out there. price is dirt cheap compared to most. Bling factor you get a , longterm wise.... goes down the drain. I you want this as a simply bling factor get a stronger manifold that sits about the same placement wise and simple use that when your driving. For show room floor bolt on you bling bling purdy manifold.

anyone who knows turbo will mostlikly chuckle and laugh at you but 90% of the people will think your manifold is MAD*tiGht Yo! and that you must be a OfF da~CaINs stunna.... but whatever toots your horn. like they say different strokes for different folks.

lesson of the day: ..... if you want to go turbo for the bling factor...... wrong move. Get any car, ice it out, crome everything! and you'll be a really stunna son. LOL