Notices

OBD2 to OBD1 conversion question

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD2 to OBD1 conversion question

I bought the plugs for an OBD1 ECu so I could make a conversion harness and I got to thinking what if I tapped into the wires in the car with it and essentially had plugs for OBD2 and OBD1 in my car at the same time. If you think this would be feasable please let me know. Also is there any other way of getting decent engine management out of a home made set up without going OBD1. I was thinking why couldn't you use a blue box on a home made set up. I think they will at least run like 8 psi and if so that is as high as I wanna go on my daily driver. I do not know for sure if that is what they will hold so someone please correct me on that. Thanks for the input and I am up for suggestions.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:54 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: OBD2 to OBD1 conversion question (civicnar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicnar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought the plugs for an OBD1 ECu so I could make a conversion harness and I got to thinking what if I tapped into the wires in the car with it and essentially had plugs for OBD2 and OBD1 in my car at the same time. If you think this would be feasable please let me know. Also is there any other way of getting decent engine management out of a home made set up without going OBD1. I was thinking why couldn't you use a blue box on a home made set up. I think they will at least run like 8 psi and if so that is as high as I wanna go on my daily driver. I do not know for sure if that is what they will hold so someone please correct me on that. Thanks for the input and I am up for suggestions.</TD></TR></TABLE>

One other way is to use E-Manage. If you're not in a standalone budget, you can use that management system, stay OBD II and run injectors as high as 660cc using the same map sensor.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OBD2 to OBD1 conversion question (TheShodan)

Or AFC hack, which people have been making power on for quite some time.

I do NOT!!!!!!! reccomend grafting the OBD1 plugs onto the car's chassis harness. I have seen people **** up the ENTIRE CAR, because they didn't know what they were doing under there.

Bite the bullet, and do it the right way with a conversion harness. If you are HARDCORE OG and you HAVE to do it yourself, it's doable, here is my first harness:

-PHiZ