Notices

NOW NEED HELP WITH TURBO BUT IS A SSAUTOCHROME TURBO GOOD..HERS LINK:

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOW NEED HELP WITH TURBO BUT IS A SSAUTOCHROME TURBO GOOD..HERS LINK:

I HAVE THE MANI AND IC BUT NEXT THE TURBO IM LOOKIN FOR SOMETHING NOT SMALL BUT NOT TOO BIG..opps sorry for the caps lock...is this good http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33742 or any help me.. im looking between 300-450 for the turbo any help???
Old 12-27-2004, 05:26 PM

Default Re: NOW NEED HELP WITH TURBO BUT IS A SSAUTOCHROME TURBO GOOD..HERS LINK: (jh)

SSAC....

Modified by CivicEJ1 at 7:43 PM 12/28/2004
Old 12-27-2004, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NOW NEED HELP WITH TURBO BUT IS A SSAUTOCHROME TURBO GOOD..HERS LINK: (CivicEJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">decent...</TD></TR></TABLE>

could do better
Old 12-27-2004, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NOW NEED HELP WITH TURBO BUT IS A SSAUTOCHROME TURBO GOOD..HERS LINK:

i've heard that some turbo when installed they intake port points into the block.. how do i know if that will happen?
Old 12-28-2004, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: NOW NEED HELP WITH TURBO BUT IS A SSAUTOCHROME TURBO GOOD..HERS LINK: (jh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've heard that some turbo when installed they intake port points into the block.. how do i know if that will happen?</TD></TR></TABLE>
you can rotate the exhaust and compressor side of the turbo independent of each other to put them at whatever location you want.
Chris
Old 12-28-2004, 06:34 PM
H-T White Ops

Read THIS and tell me what you think.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NOW NEED HELP WITH TURBO BUT IS A SSAUTOCHROME TURBO GOOD..HERS LINK: (TeamNextGenChris)

good point!!!!!What do you think abou this???? http://store.yahoo.com/cheaptu....html

And does blitz only make one type of bov? or do they make a ssq? im looking for a bov that a whistle and a whoosh...
Old 12-28-2004, 06:43 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamNextGenChris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.....i recently helped a friend fab up a turbo kit for his car.he ordered the $700 special from SSAutoChrome for the turbo,mani,wastegate and BOV.
the turbo has "XS Power" stamped on the compressor side,and is a T3/T4 hybrid.
after about 30 miles of driving,the compressor housing broke in half!it appears the two halfs are held together with some kind of epoxy?i've never really paid any attention to it before,but i figured they'd be welded together or some other stronger means.this weekend i'll be back at the shop to check out my turbo and another one from SSAC to compare how the two halfs are joined.
anybody ever seen this happen before?freak occurrence,or a result of shoddy work on assembly of the housing?the edges of the vanes are now folded over from contact with the housing,and the shaft has over 1/8" of play in it.not sure if this is a result of the housing moving and pushing against the shaft making the bushings fail,or if the bushings failed indpendently of the housing,or if maybe even the bushings failed,letting the vanes hit the housing and contribute to the cracking.....

THANKS
Chris
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good point!!!!!What do you think abou this???? http://store.yahoo.com/cheaptu....html

And does blitz only make one type of bov? or do they make a ssq? im looking for a bov that a whistle and a whoosh...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nothing wrong with that turbo. I have the same one from the same place on my crx right now. I've beat it to **** for two years and even ran an oil feed line that was too big for a year with no problems so far. Well, it does leak a little oil on the compressor side, but thats my fault for running faulty oil lines. I also have two other friends using this turbo and they have had no problems whatsoever.

to cheapturbo.com

Rob
Old 12-28-2004, 06:49 PM

i would definitely suggest NOT using anything made or sold by SSautochrome because their stuff is very poor quality
Old 12-28-2004, 06:52 PM
H-T White Ops

Get a hold of "b18bturbo" (Viren) on here. Either him or Scott can get some good deals on REAL Masterpower turbos. I picked one up from him and it's been running like a champ. Good price, good quality.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:05 PM

BWAHAHAHAAA glued together compressor housing!
Old 12-29-2004, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IslandSi)

if i dont get in touch with b18bturbo in the next three days i'll prob get the garrett from them?
Old 12-29-2004, 10:17 AM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (jh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if i dont get in touch with b18bturbo in the next three days i'll prob get the garrett from them?</TD></TR></TABLE>

He posted in the thread I linked you to on here. The Masterpower turbo I have has all garrett internals and upgraded bearings. 360* I believe. I love it.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (IslandSi)

for b18bturbo good guy.

Can't we make a sticky that says DO NOT BUY FROM SSAC and put a bunch of examples why??
Old 12-29-2004, 10:51 AM

Default Re: (mike1114)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can't we make a sticky that says DO NOT BUY FROM SSAC and put a bunch of examples why??</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you do, make sure you post up all their alternate names... Stone Mountain Racing, Turbo ZY, etc... same ****, different pile.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:04 AM

Default Re: (raene)

Damn.. 200psi will do that to a turbo..

At least they could have used jb weld to hold it together or something.. Possibly go as far as welding it together........ Dare I suggest them make it from 1 piece..
Old 12-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Vice President/CEO

Default Re: NOW NEED HELP WITH TURBO BUT IS A SSAUTOCHROME TURBO GOOD..HERS LINK: (CivicEJ1)

don't buy that ****.. SEARCH damn.

fu*k it, buy it... have fun.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:17 AM

lol no SSAC, get the good ****. You won't regret it
Old 07-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NOW NEED HELP WITH TURBO BUT IS A SSAUTOCHROME TURBO GOOD..HERS LINK: (Mr. Roboto)

Sorry to reserrect the thread....

But that housing looks like it was PRYED apart....

and as some of us on another supra forum were questioning this picture and the legitamacy of it.....another concluded that the impeller blades are not even BENT....

I am calling SERIOUS BS on this guys. If that housing just "cracked" in half while the car was running under boost ( probaly not even 9lbs on an lS turbo) it would not have just fallen apart like that...

hence the picture, you can see the pry marks on the housing.

The only other pictuer I have seen of the SSautochrome turbo's that have blown apart was like a year ago.....and it looked as if something was SUCKED INTO the turbo causing the destruction...

turbos just do not fly apart all of the sudden....you will know if it is failing...the death whine, oil leakage in the intake and exhaust pipes...hence alot of smoke ( oil burning)...

In essence I am disproving the fact that they are cheap turbos and manifolds.

I believe they have the same quality as any other....its just since they are on EBAY and alot of people dog on ebay parts and what not....its just that much more power to the idiot ricers to call them "pieces of crap"....

though they are the ones with LED washers and big "DUNK" mufflers..

anyone follow?

-Jonathan
Old 07-28-2005, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NOW NEED HELP WITH TURBO BUT IS A SSAUTOCHROME TURBO GOOD..HERS LINK: (simann)

I wouldnt use eBay for all your homemadeturbo needs. For a good 350-450whp turbo kit your going to have to invest some money in it.

See what the sponsers can help you out with, read homemadeturbo.com, and search read and learn. You'll find something efficient enough to suit your needs.

A poor mans turbo kit can some times kick you in the *** if you dont know what your doing.

GL!

-n!ck
Old 07-28-2005, 11:54 PM

Default Re: NOW NEED HELP WITH TURBO BUT IS A SSAUTOCHROME TURBO GOOD..HERS LINK: (simann)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by simann &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe they have the same quality as any other....its just since they are on EBAY and alot of people dog on ebay parts and what not....its just that much more power to the idiot ricers to call them "pieces of crap"....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Would you also care to disprove the posts by others, such as myself, that the oil seals blew on a practically brand-new turbo?

Even if they don't fly apart, doesn't mean they're not crap. Holding together is not a standard of excellence.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:50 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by simann &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry to reserrect the thread....

But that housing looks like it was PRYED apart....

-Jonathan</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok, Even if it was PRYED apart, who cares you shouldn't be able to PRY a turbo apart in the first place. SSAUTOCHROME=huge pile of ****.

get a quality turbo like this:
got this from http://www.agpturbo.com

Old 07-29-2005, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NOW NEED HELP WITH TURBO BUT IS A SSAUTOCHROME TURBO GOOD..HERS LINK: (raene)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raene &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Would you also care to disprove the posts by others, such as myself, that the oil seals blew on a practically brand-new turbo?

Even if they don't fly apart, doesn't mean they're not crap. Holding together is not a standard of excellence.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree that I have only seen one picture of the housing separation, the picture above...

But, there has been numerous instances of the turbos failing in various ways within a short time of having them on the car. The seals blow, they are out of balance and the blades contact the housings etc...

Also, you say their manifolds are quality?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by simann &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
In essence I am disproving the fact that they are cheap turbos and manifolds.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry man, their manifolds suck fat donky ***** and nothing you say is going to make them any better. You haven't disproven anything.

I feel sorry for the saps that fall for their generic eBay ads and send ssautochrome their hard-earned money.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:17 AM

everything ssautochrome sells....well.....its ****! i bought a tubular turbo manifold from a friend of mine who purchased the whole kit. the tubo was tost after 3k miles but the manifold hadnt cracked yet. so i slapped it on my 99 turbo lude just to see how long it would last......i got my answer. it lasted for about a month then two of the tubes cracked. ive also heard of the wastegates from ssac allowing irregular boost levels. so there is my opinion!