Notices

Not turbo yet, although need mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not turbo yet, although need mods

sup,
im looking to turbo my b16 hopefully after this july. i have full suspension, full brakes, 215/40/16 on all sides, intake,exhaust and cam gears. Untill the time i turbo hopefully after this summer, what mods can i make to the car that will give me more hp but not have to be removed after i turbo? i have a header, i regret buying it because i wil need to remove it when its time for turbo. i was thinking of a hondata ecu or maybe some ITR cams. would the cams have to be removed or changed to different type when i turbo? thanks
Old 03-23-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Not turbo yet, although need mods (JDM00SI)

Instead of spending money on miscellaneous parts save up your money and get the turbo kit sooner.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i want to make more power, before i start saving up for the turbo kit
Old 03-23-2005, 09:51 AM

Default Re: (JDM00SI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM00SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i want to make more power, before i start saving up for the turbo kit</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what everyone says . Save up your money...you'll be fine for now. It's sad in all motor how little HP you get for the money you spend. Let's say you get that header and exhaust....congrats you just gain like 3 HP....now if you saved that money and got a turbo you would get lets see here <FONT COLOR="red">100HP+</FONT>.

This is why most people never get turbos cause they keep gettin little stuff that doesn't truley improve performance
Old 03-23-2005, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (JDM00SI)

Here are some things you could do:

-you can get ITR cams, they will work better with a turbo then your B16 cams

-get some sort of EMS (Neptune, Hondata, Uberdata, Crome, etc) and install it and start tinkering with it

-install a larger in tank fuel pump

-depending on what manifold/turbo setup you get, you might have to go with an EG half size radiator

-install wheel studs (when you take it to the track with the turbo setup wheel studs might be a requirement, check local track to see when wheel studs will be needed)

Old 03-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (adseguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adseguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is why most people never get turbos cause they keep gettin little stuff that doesn't truley improve performance </TD></TR></TABLE>

So true

I think getting some type of EMS would be your best bet. I know boosted hybrid tuned a ITR with some parts and had pretty good success with tuning it with an EMS.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Not turbo yet, although need mods (JDM00SI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM00SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sup,
im looking to turbo my b16 hopefully after this july. i have full suspension, full brakes, 215/40/16 on all sides, intake,exhaust and cam gears. Untill the time i turbo hopefully after this summer, what mods can i make to the car that will give me more hp but not have to be removed after i turbo? i have a header, i regret buying it because i wil need to remove it when its time for turbo. i was thinking of a hondata ecu or maybe some ITR cams. would the cams have to be removed or changed to different type when i turbo? thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

save the money you would use to buy the itr cams....youre gonna need the hondata so you can get that....but like eveyone else said...save the money and just get the kit....

i guess if you wanted to get little things in the meantime you could look into the following....although some might not help performance just yet

injectors
intake mani
3" exhaust
gauges
boost controller maybe???
3bar if planning on major boost