Notices

no boost!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no boost!

hi,

i just recently completed a JRSC in my 94 honda delsol b16a3, i have serveral problems but first of all i am not getting any boost like i was getting. i have not done anything since the completion of the install 3days ago. the problem is that my car is actually slower with the SC than without it, when i go to mash the pedal to WOT the RMP shoots up and i can hear tons of exhuast but the car really does not move! during this moment it seems like the car has tons of potiental to be fast.

i also install the JR map controller durrign the supercharger install. my boost gauge is all fuct up here the story:

am starting to hate this autometer vac/press gauge! let me exlpain it again.

when you first put the keys in the car and turn it so it click twice, just before it cranks over the engine, this give power to the guage, gauge is connected to a constant 12v, and the gauge does a automatic zero out. it zeros out by moving the needle all the way to max vac and then homes in to the zero vac/press point. so at this point the gauge is zero out.

there are two buttons on the gauge, one for "warn" and the other for "peak", i set the warn to 6psi, so pressing this button will make the gauge needle go from zero to 6psi and so it does. so at this point the guage is good to go.

so i crank over the engin and immediatly the gauge needle goes to 25-30in vac, the max vac that this guage display is 30in, so heres the problem.

sometimes when i mash the pedal to WOT i wont see the gauge needle at 6psi but the warning light comes on, so i am mashing the pedal and then let it go, this causes the guage needle hit the max vac of 30in. at this point when i press the "warn" light the gauge will not move the needle to show me 6psi but it will move the needle from 0-6psi worth of space from what it thinks the zero mark is. i think when the needle hits the max vac of 30in that it actually goes pass 30in and what happens is that it brings the zero mark with it, that there is an offset now from the zero mark, an offset of what it would of traveled pass 30in.

25-30in vac is normal? i think poeple are saying they are having 15-20in vac, i dont know why i am getting all this vac.

please give some adivce on what to do. i have checked all tubing no leaks were found.

Old 04-21-2003, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: no boost! (solRNY)

where do you have the boost gauge hooked up to?? Do you ever see boost on the gauge or does it stay in vac even when you are at WOT?
Old 04-21-2003, 07:07 PM

Default Re: no boost! (genop)

i see about 3psi boost, the tube for the boost is "T" to the map sensor, the map sensor tube is connected to the intake manifold where it can see boost. i have installed a JR map controller if i did not mention that allrady
Old 04-21-2003, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well that shoots my theory down. I thought maybe you had the gauge hooked up on the intake, which would account for no boost and higher vac readings. Wish I could help more but i'ma turbo guy myself......I tried though
Old 04-21-2003, 08:45 PM

i'm not a sc expert but for the mashing gas and rpms going up part, how old is ur clutch?
Old 04-22-2003, 02:30 PM

Default Re: no boost! (Pengo)

well, the car is a 94 honda delsol with the b16a3 it only have 43K miles on it, i dont know if its old or not. if it is my clutch that is slipping wouln't i smell it burning?