Notices

Nitrous w/ high lift/duration cams

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous w/ high lift/duration cams

I've searched on honda-tech but have still not found a postive answer on my question. Could nitrous e safley sprayed on high lift/long duration cams i.e. Skunk stage2s/Jun3s.
Some people have said the duration lets the nitrous fly straight out the engine b/c the valves are both open at the same time for too long, would that cause harm to the engine? or is it just minimizing the effect of the no2
What else would you guys reccomend while using nitrous w/ big cams, would the hondata nitrous add-on and juicy injectors be enough for it?
Old 08-23-2003, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Nitrous w/ high lift/duration cams (Bolivianstrtwpn)

i'm not too sure about it on high duration cams, they normally don't llike any FI.
I personally wouldn't use it on such a high duration but anything is possible with the right tunning !
I would use your stock cams or go no higher than an ITR cam!
Old 08-23-2003, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Nitrous w/ high lift/duration cams (TwoRedEGgs)

you see that is my question, because nitrous is not like the other FI. There is no pressuriezed air going into the the cylinders, its just NO2. Most people say get mild cams for nitrous, but is it really possible to run a good allmotor setup and nitrous at the same time?
Old 08-23-2003, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous w/ high lift/duration cams (Bolivianstrtwpn)

Yes...domestic guys do it all the time. I ran a pretty monsterous Comp Cams model with a 292 duration in my Dodge 360 small block...built to put down approx 400 hp and topped it off with a 250 shot.

The damn this is going to be spraying the whole time, so you'll just be wasting a little more of it because of overlap, but no biggie!
Old 08-24-2003, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Nitrous w/ high lift/duration cams (PseudoSilvia)

thanks alot PseudeoSilvia.

So what type of shot would you guys recommend with a stage 2/jun3 setup? I already have hondata so I was thinking a dry shot.

Quick question for PseudoSilvia tho, since you are spraying a 200 shot, are you spraying that high because alot of the nitrous is escaping or are you spraying that high because thats what the engine was built for? In other words, should I get a higher shot since nitrous will be being wasted, or does it even matter.