Notices

Nitrous Express Intercooler kit???

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Express Intercooler kit???

is this kit worth the money? and what kinda increase in numbers are we talking here.......
Old 09-04-2004, 12:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Nitrous Express Intercooler kit??? (slowhitecrx)

Several things I can see wrong with this kit:

1) There are better ways to use nitrous oxide. (Strangly enough, N2O is an oxidizer and if injected into your engine will let you burn more fuel!)

2) There are cheaper ways to cool an intercooler (CO2)

3) Automotive nitrous contains sulfur oxides so that you don't huff it. (Will burn your lungs like crazy) Nitrous itself is an anesthetic. Do you want that going through your engine bay and into your ventilation system?
Old 09-04-2004, 02:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Express Intercooler kit??? (beepy)

i heard co2 was a crock and actually robs hp.......
Old 09-05-2004, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Nitrous Express Intercooler kit??? (beepy)

there are two kinds of nitrous oxide if you dont know. there are automotive NO2 and NO2 that anesthesiologist use that is different so the auto NO2 will not make you pass out.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Nitrous Express Intercooler kit??? (buttsneeze)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by buttsneeze &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i heard co2 was a crock and actually robs hp.......</TD></TR></TABLE>

The reason CO2 is a "crock" and robs HP is because people still seem to think that if you spray it over your intercooler 6 inches away from your intake you arn't going to injest any of it, which you obviously do. The CO2 displaces the oxygen in your motor, and decreases horsepower. The reason you see such gains from spraying nitrous on the intercooler is because your motor will injest a significant amount of nitrous, which is where all the power comes from. If you want charge cooling, run a methanol injection kit. IAT's drop dramatically, allowing you to run more boost and timing on pump gas. If you want to show off and waste nitrous spraying it on your intercooler for no real gains, go ahead and get the Ntercooler.

FWIW, on my DSM with a http://www.alkycontrol.com alcohol injection kit spraying 100% meth and a PTE "750 HP" intercooler, I see inlet air temps that are typically 10-20 degrees colder than ambient running 20-24 pounds of boost on pump gas.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Express Intercooler kit??? (Chip)

How does nitrous get injested into your front mount with the sprayer kit...

You do know that Intercooler's are pressure tested, and air cannot get in or out of them correct? Unless its in the Piping directly..
Old 09-05-2004, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Nitrous Express Intercooler kit??? (Swags04)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Swags04 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How does nitrous get injested into your front mount with the sprayer kit...

You do know that Intercooler's are pressure tested, and air cannot get in or out of them correct? Unless its in the Piping directly..</TD></TR></TABLE>

What the hell are you talking about? You spray nitrous OVER your intercooler. THe nitrous goes through the fins, cooling off the core more. Do you think air hitting your cooler just magically gets absorbed by the core or something? It's just like a radiator, air and other fluids will pass through it.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Express Intercooler kit??? (Chip)

[QUOTE=Chip]

The reason you see such gains from spraying nitrous on the intercooler is because your motor will injest a significant amount of nitrous, which is where all the power comes from.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

???????????????????

[QUOTE=Chip]

What the hell are you talking about? You spray nitrous OVER your intercooler. THe nitrous goes through the fins, cooling off the core more. Do you think air hitting your cooler just magically gets absorbed by the core or something? It's just like a radiator, air and other fluids will pass through it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No ****. Where are you getting your info from the 1st quote i have from you? Because its wrong, or you mis-worded it or somthing?
Old 09-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I believe he means the nitrous will pass through the IC, in your engine bay, and into your intake.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe he means the nitrous will pass through the IC, in your engine bay, and into your intake.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont see how that would create any horsepower what so ever..

By the time it gets though the intercooler, filter, IC..and piping...

Old 09-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Swags04)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Swags04 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I dont see how that would create any horsepower what so ever..

By the time it gets though the intercooler, filter, IC..and piping...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

IC sprayers are not little 50 shot nozzles. You have alot of nitrous going through the IC fins and into the engine bay right by the turbo. Most people run their filter off the turbo so a little of the nitrous will be sucked into the engine. It doesn't matter if you believe it of not, it does happen.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

Logic says so- but show me a diffrence that the motor is gaining performance by the actual nos going into the motor- rather than the desired effect of cooling the IC.

Thanks.