Notices

Nitrous back Fires what causes them?

Old 08-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous back Fires what causes them?

Im wanting to put nitrous on my car and i been seeing alot of vids where nos backfires and peoples car catches on fire. Like this vid right here....

Click to see Video

Click to see Video

Im just wondering what would cause this and how can i prevent it from happening to my car?
Old 08-26-2005, 12:25 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Nitrous back Fires what causes them? (Pullig)

sometimes it is from a wet system puddling in the intake.

my friend nuked a foxbody 'stang but thats because the 2 step never disengaged.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Nitrous back Fires what causes them? (boostedcivicsir)

I thought it was a dry system puddling in the intake?
Old 08-26-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Nitrous back Fires what causes them? (raene)

i believe it is when you spray too low of an RPM, and fuel puddles up in the intake manifold, and is ignited from the heat of the intake valves, hence backfire.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous back Fires what causes them? (BoostedJeff)

Depends. It can be a rich detenation or a lean detenation. In the wet systems, usually fuel puddles in the intake runners due to a few different scenerios:

1. Spray pattern of nozzle (there are 3 different types, spray pattern could be getting deflected off the butterfly plate of throttle body knowking the fuel down right there, causing a puddle)
2. Nozzle to close to throttle body, not proper distribution of nitrous to fuel
3. Incorrect fuel pressure feeding fuel solenoid
4. Incoorect fuel jet and/or incorrect nitrous jet
5. Not tuned correctly

These are just a couple

Jason
Old 08-26-2005, 05:44 PM

because the intake valve closes to soon, need to run a cam gear with nitrous to tune it out completly
Old 08-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PK SPEED)

I own the crx in that first video you showed. I was on the street and I tryed to leave at a lower engine speed to get better traction. The problem with that is if you try to introduce the nos when the motor isn't carrying enough air velocity to pull it through to the chamber it could fall out of the air and puddle . then kaboom. When my **** went kaboom in that video there was so much pressure in the intake that it blew the injector seal up over the injector body and started sraying everywhere thats why my fire was so bad. I also did a nos burnout and then slammed the throtle plate shut cuting off air. so when that happens what ever fuel that was being srayed at the time just falls to the intake floor also causing backfires. Moral of the story is always sray when on the pipe and only blip it in a burnout if your trying to purge.
The vid only has sound for me. Btw those kids have no idea it would have been a good race.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2.0Coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2.0Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I own the crx in that first video you showed. I was on the street and I tryed to leave at a lower engine speed to get better traction. The problem with that is if you try to introduce the nos when the motor isn't carrying enough air velocity to pull it through to the chamber it could fall out of the air and puddle . then kaboom. When my **** went kaboom in that video there was so much pressure in the intake that it blew the injector seal up over the injector body and started sraying everywhere thats why my fire was so bad. I also did a nos burnout and then slammed the throtle plate shut cuting off air. so when that happens what ever fuel that was being srayed at the time just falls to the intake floor also causing backfires. Moral of the story is always sray when on the pipe and only blip it in a burnout if your trying to purge.
The vid only has sound for me. Btw those kids have no idea it would have been a good race.</TD></TR></TABLE>
A good race. Man that banshee went 10's while your car was still in the 11's.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (june)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by june &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
A good race. Man that banshee went 10's while your car was still in the 11's. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol. that **** didnt look like no 10 sec banshee. but who knows.....
Old 08-26-2005, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol. that **** didnt look like no 10 sec banshee. but who knows.....</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yall should see the new ones down here dave. They are twice as fast!
Old 08-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by june &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yall should see the new ones down here dave. They are twice as fast!</TD></TR></TABLE>

i belive it man, i seen some sick ones at atco. they still racin on sundays?
Old 08-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Heres a philly native. Yea it went 10.90 with a 100lb kid on it. not 230lb bart. So yea it would have been good, but I didn't say I'd win.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2.0Coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2.0Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Heres a philly native. Yea it went 10.90 with a 100lb kid on it. not 230lb bart. So yea it would have been good, but I didn't say I'd win. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Very true and yes dave they still race them on sundays that I know of. I haven't been out in a while.