Yesssssssss!!!![/Napoleon Dynamite]

Old 11-29-2006, 05:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sssssssaweeeeeeeeeet!!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (drumking15)

There will be a help file posted soon with how to use all the RTP features.

I have full install guides as well for JDM and USDM ECU's.

They will be posted soon too.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

***** weak! Neptune FTW! To bad no one with in 600 miles of me can tune it.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:46 PM
Vice President/CEO

Default Re: (ZacCarter)

holy crap?? can it be true... finally... WOW!
Old 11-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (ZacCarter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZacCarter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To bad no one with in 600 miles of me can tune it. </TD></TR></TABLE> I know how you feel
Old 11-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dr_latino999)

Finally other people get to see his work.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:57 PM

Default Re: (ladysman)

Good stuff!
Old 11-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dr_latino999)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dr_latino999 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I know how you feel </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZacCarter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">***** weak! Neptune FTW! To bad no one with in 600 miles of me can tune it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You can tune yourself.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great another program to figure out. Geez.

haha.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great another program to figure out. Geez.

haha.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

It will take a little getting use to. It took me a while.... and I'm still learning. Especially the key macros
Old 11-29-2006, 06:57 PM

Default Re: (tepid1)

yea, I have been clicking around it for a couple days actually. I really liked the quick keys.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tepid1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You can tune yourself.</TD></TR></TABLE>oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 11-29-2006, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yay!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:31 PM
KOBE IS GOD

Default Re: (blundar)

I cant find anything in this version of the software that Hondata S300 does not .

Im not knocking it either im just looking at it and i cant find anything hondata does not and its suppose to be way better from what ive heard. I hope you guys dont take this the wrong way and jump all over me .

Old 11-29-2006, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: (Big Kings...)

I've had my Neptune RTP for the last 6 months now - and i LOVE it. Even with the earlier versions of the software it was dead reliable and never crashed.

Software is just awesome - my car runs great as well.

I cant say enough good things about it!

liam
Old 11-29-2006, 11:42 PM
On Fire!

Default Re: (liam821)

Time to get to work on the K-Series ****!!
Old 11-30-2006, 03:07 AM

Default Re: (Adi Radoncic)

Looking good.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:13 AM

A lot of it is in the backend (Stuff you cant see) not to mention this functionality has been there and Hondata has only recently come out with some updates, keeping up with 'the Jones' I guess. So it can be assured that all of this has been thoroughly tested

Biggest benefits in my mind:

#1 - Works with any already (normally) chipped ECU, doesnt require different components that render it useless with any other Honda ECU software
#2 - Fits ALL ECU cases, USDM/JDM
#3 - BLUETOOTH, no wires...
#4 - Speed and error free software

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Big Kings... &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I cant find anything in this version of the software that Hondata S300 does not .

Im not knocking it either im just looking at it and i cant find anything hondata does not and its suppose to be way better from what ive heard. I hope you guys dont take this the wrong way and jump all over me .

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-30-2006, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've had my RTP for 3 weeks now, and I wrote a few notes about how I feel. I hope HRTuning isn't upset.

This is going to be long, so hopefully you have the patience to read it. I'm pretty objective in this matter, having been so involved with Uberdata for a long time and other freeware projects.

1.) Accessibility, personal demeanor and demonstrated expertise of its author.

Customer service means nothing if it stops after the sale. James has always answered my questions and concerns in a timely manner. This is not always the case with other management systems (OEM ECU style like this or standalone).

2.) Well rounded & tested product.

Many people have been pretty hard on James for not getting the RTP out sooner, and I think if you step back and look at the situation you’ll see that much of it was out of his hands. On the upside of the delay, the product got tested in the field by people who really understand what they’re working with.

I’m a SysAdmin for a living, and I can tell you that it’s *VERY* frustrating trying to QA an application with people who don’t understand the technology. More often than not, they’re not able to provide useful feedback about bugs & requesting changes to the interface.

It’s my personal belief that Hondata has consistently guessed at formulas, code methods and implementation since its inception. They have also consistently made their END USERS be the “guinea pig”. I always found it ironic how when the freeware community would figure out the proper formula for a scalar or a new bit of code to manipulate, it would mysteriously show up in their commercial offerings.

I love my car. I wouldn’t put anything into the engine I didn’t trust, and I sure as hell wouldn’t put anything I don’t trust in it’s ECU (the most important part of any build).

3.) User interface does have a learning curve.

I must admit that the UI isn’t what a Hondata or Crome user might be used to. I would align the “visual experience” to Uberdata. At first it might not seem as intuitive, but once you learn all the quick keys it’s very workable. Now that I’ve mastered it a bit and made a “quick reference” for all the key combinations, I’m very comfortable with it.

If you’re expecting / can’t live without 3d graphs (that really have no use anyway) and other graphical widgets, this is not the system for you.

On the upside of all of this simplicity, the application is like Uberdata in that you don’t need a bunch of .dll’s and other junk. The executable has pretty much everything it needs within it, and it just WORKS. It’s great to keep on my USB keychain like I did Uberdata! This is a big plus to me.

This is definitely a system designed in mind for savvy users! Don’t let that scare you though, you can learn your way around quickly.

4.) No permanent “unorthodox” modification to the ECU needed.

I’ve socketed a few ECU’s for S300 operation, and I think the header pin interface is tres lame.

As someone who sockets a lot of ECU’s for people, I often will hand them the ECU that’s currently running my car and then do theirs at my leisure (if I don’t have any on hand complete). That’s not possible with my S300 customers due to the header pins.

The Neptune RTP board just plugs into the standard 28 pin DIP sockets you’re used to.

Another big plus to me.

5.) No “pie in the sky” feature set.

I love the fact that James has focused on what is most often forgotten: the basic functionality of the management system. IT JUST WORKS, and well I might add!

He didn’t waste his time focusing on things like auto tuning, fake dyno & performance charts (that have little relevance in the real world) and all the rest of the fluff you see elsewhere. Things like basic drivability settings, input / output control and (my personal favorite!) data logging are flawless.

6.) WORKS WITH APPLE/OSX!!!

I'm an Apple fiend, and the fact this system works with OSX is worth the price of admission alone (for me anyway!)

---

Bottom line- I'm VERY satisfied with my purchase. I'm really glad I waited and I'm even happier that I own a Honda again and can take part in the fun
Old 11-30-2006, 05:51 AM

Very well said man. ^
Old 11-30-2006, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

You can really learn to appreciate teh RTP when it comes time for actualy tuning the car. The smoothness of everything is amazing. Xenocron said it best. There is sooooo much that happens behind the scenes and that is what you can appreciate.

Customer servies is amazing. James gave me his personal phone number so that we could trouble shoot turbocivic94's car. I called hime at 7 something in the morning on a Saturday (sorry again about that) and we worked together for about 3-4 hours. It was worth it, from his standpoint, because it made the software better for you all.

Yes it has a lot of the same features as the s300 (NepTune had them before the s300, but was just released after) but the flexability of the features is much greater. One thing that comes to mind is the ignition control when it comes to the three step. This EMS offers the best three step out there. It blows by the s300 crap.

Once it hits the streets and the track you will all see. I can't stress that enough.

Any other questions feel free to swing by the forum. Once people get the RTP boards the forums will be opened to all. (there is a lot of info that you guys can't see, but we can as pre-release users)
Old 11-30-2006, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have been looking around the software and here are some questions I have so far.

1.When entering your wideband (for example an LC-1), do you just enter the minimum and maximum voltage and A/F ratios and the software just interprets everything in between?
2. Why can't we see the values for the preset widebands already there?
3. How do you add boost columns?
4. What are the secondary tables for? Are they always in use or is there a way for you to 'turn them off'?
5. What is the difference between a ROM and a calibration?
6. Can you import maps from other programs (like Crome for example) or will you have to manually key in all your values?

Quick Reply: NepTune RTP software released!