Notices

Needs some info on an ITS turbo (Turbo internals)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needs some info on an ITS turbo (Turbo internals)

Hello HT members, I have a ITS turbo on my car and I've been wanting to rebuild it since it's leaking oil through the seal. My problem is that I can't find any info on this turbo to get the right rebuild kit. I've been doing a lot of researched and only found that the company is out of business and it's pretty much a dead end. My question is that did ITS produce there own internals or did they use (ex: Garrett) another known company turbo and just market there name on it. If anybody can shed some light on this subject is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Minh!
Pics of the turbo for reference:

Old 11-11-2012, 05:20 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Needs some info on an ITS turbo (Turbo internals)

ITS used a series of companies for different needs. Turbonetics for their compressor backing plate and compressor wheel. They used their own housings though they were cast by Turbonetics, they had their own stampings.

As for rebuild "kits", from what I recall, most were Turbonetics internals, but in later years they went to Borg Warner internals.

The two people from ITS were one of the owners and his sales manager, who now run COMP Turbo. They won't want to help with the old ITS brands so, the best bet is to find a Turbonetics or Garrett rebuild professional and let them rebuild it. You can attempt to use Garrett internals, but they may not work. Hard to say.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sweet setup.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
ITS used a series of companies for different needs. Turbonetics for their compressor backing plate and compressor wheel. They used their own housings though they were cast by Turbonetics, they had their own stampings.

As for rebuild "kits", from what I recall, most were Turbonetics internals, but in later years they went to Borg Warner internals.

The two people from ITS were one of the owners and his sales manager, who now run COMP Turbo. They won't want to help with the old ITS brands so, the best bet is to find a Turbonetics or Garrett rebuild professional and let them rebuild it. You can attempt to use Garrett internals, but they may not work. Hard to say.
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna look into the turbonetics and see what i can figure out.