Notices

Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo..

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2001, 05:23 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo..

ok, so im at school today and im talking to this guy who used to work for a shop i used to go too.. i stopped goin there cause they are pretty dumb.. well anyways i tell him about my turbo set up and what i bought... (revhard kit w/ 6.5psi tial) he laughs and says "your gonna blow your motor" ..
im not ignorant to the fact that this can happen but im pretty convinced it wont unless something seriously goes out of wack..
anyways he proceeds to tell me i should have got a greddy kit because it has a smaller turbo and therefore it is safer. i say "naw i dunno a bigger turbo will make less heat and is more efficent" he says no, heat is good for your turbo it makes more power... im tryin to understand his thoughts on this, but i guess he talking about low end power in realation to spool time.. but anyways i go to class and forget it

then i go to my new shop to set up a install for my friend.. The same guy happens to be there tryin to get a job.. he tells me this time that i should not get 450cc injectors with a hondata.. according to him "hondata is crap, the people who make it dont even know how to use it" im like ok, explain why it is crap?.. he could not, he proceeded to tell me i need to get 310cc injectors cause i will loose 60hp with the 450's and that i should just get an apexi afc.. so of course i start arguing and telling him the afc doesnt compensate for boost... so i decide to stop arguing because he is set on his opinions and has been working on cars for 4 years.. oh yeh he also told me my car wont be fast with a turbo cause i dont have vtec.. on top of that there was this other guy who kept agreeing with everything he would say and be like "stop arguing with him, let him blow his motor"

i try to tell him that most people blow there motors because they max out the stock injectors and detonate.. he says "injectors smectors, people blow there motors cause honda motors cant handle boost"

so i just needed to vent about it, and does anyone agree that this guy is on the lower half of the IQ chart..
Old 09-19-2001, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo.. (DIRep972)

Most people I run into at "shops" are like that, just ignore them heh.
Old 09-19-2001, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo.. (DIRep972)

I know what you mean man. There's this guy I know all he says is if the motor is not made for turbo its gonna blow. Can't blame the guy because one of his friends has a fully built GSR that always blows his motor, all that money and still running FMU and check valves.
Old 09-19-2001, 05:32 PM
New User

Default Re: Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo.. (9psiLsT)

yeah alot of people at shops act like *** holes. except for there friends, who they try to hook up all the time but try to rip off the average joe.
Old 09-19-2001, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo.. (B18C-RnVA)

that's why I opened my own shop...mis informed people like that, constantly spewing bad information, and using their position to act as if what they say is truth.
Old 09-19-2001, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo.. (DragIIcivic)

Chris: Do I know him ? and the new shops, are talking about Ton's ?

stan

PS: Fvk him...
Old 09-19-2001, 06:38 PM
Smarter than you

Default Re: Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo.. (flamenco)

Chris: Do I know him ? and the new shops, are talking about Ton's ?

stan

PS: Fvk him...
well yeh i was talkin bout tons shop, but tons a great guy.. hes nice, always has time to talk to me about stuff, and always hooks people up.. BUT the guy who was sayin all that BS doesnt work there, he was tryin to get a job and when i left ton told me NOT to listen to him, hes not gonna work there.. haha and the first shop was VSV
Old 09-19-2001, 06:57 PM
New User

Default Re: Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo.. (DragIIcivic)

thats also why I opened my own shop, then closed it and went private. Now the only tools I work with are SK and Snap On
Old 09-19-2001, 06:58 PM
New User

HAHA dumb asses like that just go to show you that his so called "4 years on cars" was probbaly throwing on some fog lights, clear corners, or maybe lowering cars and not REALLY working on them. I always found myself with idiots like this every so often and basically tell them when they actually learn something about hondas to come back and talk to me.. **** em dude, I know exactly how ya feel. Preech on brother!
Old 09-19-2001, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo.. (boost killz)

The day I find an informed shop, I'll let you know.
Old 09-19-2001, 07:19 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo.. (dustin)

I'll show him chris....dumb ***

art
Old 09-19-2001, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo.. (VaporTrail)

thats also why I opened my own shop, then closed it and went private. Now the only tools I work with are SK and Snap On
How much is it to open up a shop, given a rough estimate? Do you have to invest a lot?
Old 09-19-2001, 07:31 PM
New User

Default Re: Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo.. (9psiLsT)

a shop? or a real shop? It all depends on what you hope to accomplish with your shop. Figure a minimum investment of 50k to do it right, and a whole lot more if you want things like a dyno, lift, quality tools, super nice showroom, etc. It's pricey to do it right. My advice is to start small (internet selling or rent a small garage) and work your way up. I don't advise jumping right in with a whole lot of money, it will dissapear fast! Also, if you start small, you'll figure out pretty soon if you want to do it for a long time, or if you don't want to do it at all. HTH
Old 09-19-2001, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo.. (VaporTrail)

hmm interesting.. thanks for the response
Old 09-19-2001, 07:58 PM

Stupid ***** like that **** me the hell off. You can't argue with them because they just "know". The best thing to do is see that guy in a few years with a lot more miles on your car and a time slip that will make his jaw drop. By that time HE will likely have blown a few motors (if he actually ever works on one) and then you can exchange some interesting stories about tuning. Oh, even in light of all that, he will probably still claim to be "right". Stupid ****** morons.
Old 09-19-2001, 08:36 PM
New User

Default Re: Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo.. (ck279)

i wouldve backhanded the dumb ****.
Old 09-19-2001, 08:37 PM
New User

Don't worry about it....
You know what you're talking about, and these two know-it-alls really are pretty ignorant from the story you typed up.
Get the revhard, get the Hondata, and you WILL be fast, even without VTEC (believe it or not!). I would venture to say that you have a higher chance of blowing your motor or having something go wrong with the Greddy kit/SAFC, 310s and no tuning than with Revhard/Hondata, 440s and tuning on a dyno.
You aren't going to convince them of their stupidity, so just let it go..Know (chuckle) to yourself that they are nonsensical clowns.
Old 09-19-2001, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo.. (degradated)

he is probably one of those people that think a spoiler and some stickers will add 15 WHP and the lower it is the faster it goes.
ive said it before and ill say it again
stupid people are funny.
Old 09-20-2001, 04:30 AM
New User

Default Re: Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo.. (KAMiN)

so you need v-tec to be fast.........damn......someone should tell my car that
dont listen to him you know your stuff...........i have no doubt you will run 12s
Old 09-20-2001, 06:25 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Need to vent about stupid people! yes it relates to turbo.. (newsense)

when your shiznit is tuned.. you can meet them at a track or perhaps at the stoplight and when they throw down.. you can laugh at them while they look at your tiallights..