Notices

Need Some Help ... Nissan T25 turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Help ... Nissan T25 turbo.

So the "hard" part of piecing my turbo setup is over, now that i've found a turbo that actually mates to my greddy 15g manifold , the turbo being pulled from a 300zx TT , yes it does bolt straight up , just for future references

as for my questions, the turbo looks like medusa with the oil lines and water lines sprawled all over the place, that being said, i'm trying to remove the waterlines, instead of just not hooking them up and letting the line sit on the turbo during usage, now my question is which lines are the water lines and oil lines i'm almost 100% sure i know which are which but i'd just like some reassurance, this threads worthless with out pix so here they are ...

i'm pretty sure the "loop" one is my feed line and of course the bottom hose is my oil return line ...

i'm just gonna unbolt the actual waterlines themselves and use the bolts to plug them up ...

my second question is i noticed there's a triangular 3 bolt flange on the turbo, which is the part that looks like it should connect to the intercooler ...

in order for me to run this turbo without problems should i attempt to take it to a shop have them chop or mate the flange to additional piping for the ic pipe to connect to or is there another way i can go about hooking that flange up ! ...

sorry for the long post

just had a bunch of questions and didn't wanna write multiple post ...

thanks for your time in advance !

- justin
Old 07-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Some Help ... Nissan T25 turbo. (eg8kid)

bump.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Some Help ... Nissan T25 turbo. (eg8kid)

Alright first off, that turbo is crazy small. If you want to run it, find the 300ZX it came out of and grab yourself a few more parts.

A: the turbine exit housing. I have no experience with this part in particular, but look at your application and see if it will work for you, or get a gasket from a Nissan dealership and have a flange made and go custom DP.

B: The compressor discharge. I had to use these on my project, one is like a 90 degree bend, and the other goes almost straight down. In hindsight I should have just had my compresor housing machined to fit a standard hose + clamp. This would be my suggestion to you.

C: Compressor inlet: You can see what the Z has, you can grab a velocity stack for a T3 compressor housing, some Fords have these style compressors.
Or just have it machined while you have it at a shop getting the compressor discharge machined.

Another Suggestion I would make to you, and I do it to all who ask for advise on T25 setups... Go T3. I know you have parts already, etc... trust me. T3 hot side setups are a cakewalk. You can get anything easily... If you are asking questions like what is the feed, you may want to undertake an easier project.
I'm not trying to come off like an ***. If you insist on going this route, feel free to PM me with any questions that you have, as I have done it.

That turbo is going to be too small. This is coming from someone who likes properly sized turbos...

HTH

Alex
Old 07-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Some Help ... Nissan T25 turbo. (JalopySiR)

Thanks for the suggestions bro , as for my knowledge part just turbo'ed my first car and was looking to turbo this setup, sounds like this turbo although compatible still requires a bit of work, i'm almost to the point where i'm gonna give up on the setup and just sell the turbo setup and car together ...

anyone else out there have some suggestions ? ...