Notices

Need Help installing turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help installing turbo kit

Im getting my drag kit this week and on next tuesday Ill be installing it. I know how to bolt up everything i just dont get the oil lines and how that connects and were does the oil feed line goto im confussed. Does anyone have a write up with pictures that could help me installing it.

THanx
Old 01-30-2005, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need Help installing turbo kit (Pitiful X)

The oil is taken from where your OEM oil pressure sending unit is, and oil from the turbo drains back into the oil pan.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Need Help installing turbo kit (beepy)

pictures? I just need some reference before I do it. I know how to bolt everything haha but i dont want to screw up on the oil stuff. I dont know were the oil feed is...
Old 01-30-2005, 12:56 PM

the oil return and dump was the hardest part for me. oil leaks after oil leaks....i gave up and took it to the shop and have them solve the problem for me. good luck.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:22 PM

I got the detailed instructions with pics in my drag kit. A chilton or helms manual will also be handy for tourqe specs and other things.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beepy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The oil is taken from where your OEM oil pressure sending unit is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Rather than do this, I suggest you buy an oil filter adapter. Greddy and Golden Eagle makes good adapters.

Golden Eagle

Greddy

Basically..you mount this thing inbetween your oil filter and your block. Than there are ports on the adapter where you can run the oil feed line to the turbo. It is a lot simpler and safer to run this setup than going through the oil pressure sending unit.

As for the return line, you just want to hook it up from the turbo and run it to the oil pan. This is how I have mine ran:

Make sure that when you tap/drill your oil pan, you tap it up high like how I have mine. But keep in mind that you do not tap it directly underneath any bolts that hold the oil pan up to the block or else you'll be kicking yourself later. The oil drains from the turbo to the oil pan strictly by gravity, so make sure its a smooth downward line with no upward slopes or kinks.

Hope this helps ,
Khoi

Old 01-30-2005, 02:04 PM

nice....
Old 01-30-2005, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is a write up user Dasher made which is very helpful

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=635014

One thing on the oil return is the setup DRAG provides and the position of the turbo and downpipe makes it so you will need to weld the drain tube in the shallow part of the pan. It's not hard but it's different than what the user posted above. If you can't figure it out I can send you a pic of my old pan with the return welded on. If your really desperate I can sell you my old pan
Old 01-30-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Need Help installing turbo kit (nsxmatt)

What if I did everything except the oil lines? would I have to ahve my car towed to a shop or could I still drive it? or would it burn the turbo housing.

damn. Also do I have to isntall the fmu and fuel pump or can i leave it off and have someone else install it.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can do the oil lines if you can install the rest of the kit. Just take your time on it. You can remove your pan and have someone weld the return on it and the oil feed is pretty easy and can be done at home.

The FMU and inline pump are easy also. Just read the instructions, all it is is cutting fuel lines and running them through the FMU and inline pump. That and running some vac lines.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is how I did my B16 pan...

Old 01-30-2005, 06:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can do the oil lines if you can install the rest of the kit. Just take your time on it. You can remove your pan and have someone weld the return on it and the oil feed is pretty easy and can be done at home.

The FMU and inline pump are easy also. Just read the instructions, all it is is cutting fuel lines and running them through the FMU and inline pump. That and running some vac lines.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanx I need to do this in 5 hours tho lol. I have autoshop for 5 hours on tuesday.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ur going to install your turbo kit in autoshop??
Old 01-30-2005, 07:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pitiful X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thanx I need to do this in 5 hours tho lol. I have autoshop for 5 hours on tuesday.</TD></TR></TABLE>

whoa, if you are going to do your turbo install then i would be a little cautious......you are bound to run into some kind of problem somewhere in the process, it almost always happens.....then you could have your car stuck somewhere you dont want it for however long it takes for you to fix the problem....just my insight into the matter......i ran into a few unexpected problems that took some fabricating outside of the home to get done

just a fair warning
Old 01-31-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Need Help installing turbo kit (Evanmb44)

ya do you think i can do it within 5 hours? Ive already had a turbo kit same one on my car but i got a ref ticket and had to take it off and now im putting one back on.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:52 PM
New User

Default Re: Need Help installing turbo kit (Sohc Driver)

by using this....
Golden Eagle

you won't have to do this?....

basically run that line to the turbo and that's it?
Old 02-01-2005, 02:48 AM

5hrs sounds fast for someone who has done it before
Old 02-01-2005, 03:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Zakar)

my first turbo install took me 5 hours for the turbo install but for all the vac line took me a lil over 1 1/2. also this was with friend that knew what they were doing.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: (tegon-gsr)

well maybe ill jsut install the intercooler stuff now and ahve that on cause that doesnt matter if its on the car will still run with that just on.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: (Pitiful X)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pitiful X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well maybe ill jsut install the intercooler stuff now and ahve that on cause that doesnt matter if its on the car will still run with that just on.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i think that is a good idea....
i would wait until you have a couple days to do it
then you have plenty of time to troubleshoot if needed and you can take your time with everything and do a good job
Old 02-01-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: (Evanmb44)

word^ I intstalled everything I could before having to have the cra not drivable so that the install would go quicker and I would have more time to trouble shoot any probs.