Notices

Need help clocking mitsu TD04L

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help clocking mitsu TD04L

I've been working on in for a few hours and snapped two ends off my snap ring pliers but still can't move center section. I can loosen the ring but can't seem to turn the center section. Do I have to take the ring right off for it to be able to turn. Help I'm stuck and have no clue now. Also doesn't help that the damn pliers keep slipping off. Any suggestions would be great.

edit- I guess i could try some heavy duty snap ring pliers....maybe they wouldn't slip off as much and break. I would like to hear some other suggestions first before I buy the expensive heavy duty snap rings.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need help clocking mitsu TD04L (djfob)

I used two flat head screw drivers...big ones. It was trickey and I cut my finger to ****.

But anyway...take off the snap ring on the exhaust housing that goes to the center section(I believe) anyhew the exhaust housing has a centering pin that is cast into it...grind it off and put your turbo back together.

(PS I dont remember exactly...but I remember cutting my hand on the snap ring...and I remember grinding the exhaust housing.)

btw I called the guys at Road Race Engineering and they told me I'd be perfectly fine.

-Eric (not matt you *******)