Notices

NEED HELP ASAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2001, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP ASAP!!

I AM ORDERING FROM BEN TOMMROW morning......so i need these anwsered first!

First: WHAT exactly does the GReddy Profec B do? do i need it? i want a street set up for about 10 psi on stock internals

Second: I wanted to go Hondata, but i see thats not included in the group buy, so what do i need? J&S safeguard?

Third: Is the fuel pump necessary at this time?

Fourth: What injectors size do i need?

This is all for a 00 Civic Si with B16!!! thanks!!!
Old 08-23-2001, 11:15 PM
New User

Default Re: NEED HELP ASAP!! (NYb16)

:: profec b is a boost controller, you will need it if you wanna boost up to 10psi, can your car handle 10psi?? thats a different story

::you could still get the hondata at a good price depending on what stage you buy, i suggest getting one, then you wont need the J&S, fmu, check valves and you'll be more reliable

::if you wanna run 10psi or even close to that then you will need a fuel pump, bosch or holley

::not sure exactly how big injectors you should get. maybe 310? 440? but if you ever plan on boosting higher than 10 you mite wanna go higher, but if you do that then you will definitely need a hondata or some other standalone.

hope this helped........peace

jase
Old 08-24-2001, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP ASAP!! (JaEz)

Ok guys, i am about to order but i have a FEW more questions.....
money is tight right now, so WHAT should i order first to safely run untill i can make more money? i was KNOW the stock injectors must go, do i NEED the fuel pump at this time to run at the stock 8psi?, also do i NEED the Profec to run at this time? also can i SAFELY run for a little while at stock boost with out the HOndata? PLEASE reply ASAP!
Old 08-24-2001, 08:27 AM
MDA
New User

Default Re: NEED HELP ASAP!! (NYb16)

What setup kit u buying? U should get a Tial Wastegate... in which case you do NOT need a ProFec... u can just get another spring for 30 bux to run whatever boost you want (not adjustable, but the springs are swapable)...

You will need bigger injectors but you don't necessarily need a bigass fuel pump...
The better way to do it is get Big 440+ sized injectors, actually for 10psi u will want 500cc+ and get the standalone ECU and just keep the fuel pressure at stock levels... the injectors and ECU are needed as a pair.. .since running 500+ injectors without some sort of electronic control on the duty cycle wont work...

[Modified by MDA, 9:29 AM 8/24/2001]
Old 08-24-2001, 08:45 AM

Default Re: NEED HELP ASAP!! (MDA)

i think buying an expensive electronic boost controller is absolutely pointless when running low boost. now if you're pushing 10psi and over i could understand that. but if you're pushing only 10psi at the track and about 6psi on the street a $50 manual controller will do the trick. especially when money is tight.

also, if you plan to go with a standalone you may not want to buy the j&s. because if you have a car that is tuned well, you shouldn't need it. but of course always a good insurance policy. but at $500+ a unit, it's not cheap especially if money is tight.
lots of people on this board run turbo set-ups without the j&s reliably.