Notices

msd window switch on zex kit!!

Old 09-12-2002, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default msd window switch on zex kit!!

ill be installing the zex this weekend, along with this rpm activated window switch.

i dont understand how to hook up this window switch though..
it says to run:
black-ground
white-msd output terminal on my 6a
red-switched 12v
yellow-circuit ground on the device you plan to activate

questions:
so do just run the yellow wire to my zex ground?? if so, do i ground the black wire on the zex kit at all??

next..can i run my zex activation switch andddd the red wire from the msd window switch into the same switched 12v slot that i have on my fuse panel that is only one left unused??

also if i unplug the battery at anytime...will i have to recalibrate my nmu for the zex??
Old 09-12-2002, 05:45 PM

Default Re: msd window switch on zex kit!! (zcivic91)

just curious why you will be using a msd switch on you zex,zex works off of your tps setting which is way better than working off of rpm.zex will only work at full throttle so your gauranteed to be having alot of fuel going in your engine at the same time.

but to answer your question,sounds like the output on the msd is a negative pulse,and i know the zex has to see atleast 5 volts of positive (the white wire that goes to the tps is how the zex is activated)to be activated,so... you will have to wire in a relay to change it from negative to positve,then if you put more that 6volts to it from what zex told me you could dmage then unit,so you will have to go to radio shack and get a resistor to change it from 12 volts to 6 volts and filter it down to 6 volts,you would still hook up your red and black wire on the zex like normal.so i ask again,why not hook it upusing the white wire on your tps??

[Modified by civictypenos, 9:51 PM 9/12/2002]

[Modified by civictypenos, 9:52 PM 9/12/2002]
Old 09-12-2002, 06:05 PM

Default Re: msd window switch on zex kit!! (civictypenos)

this whole window swicth is confusing..i was planning to use it to prevent hitting the rev limit on the n2o..i olny have a 6600 rpm pill anywayz..my rev limit is at 7500...so i guess ill send it back and just make sure i shift before 7k

i dont know has fast this thing is going to rev up when i hit the juicey..
Old 01-15-2003, 12:03 AM

Default Re: msd window switch on zex kit!! (zcivic91)

I was also interested in this to prevent hitting fuel cutoff. Can anyone explain this a little better?