Notices

MSD 2step & Timing Retard

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 12:50 PM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MSD 2step & Timing Retard

I've been searching the last couple of days and found plenty on how to wire the 2step, but I have a question....

- Would it be beneficial or bad to wire the 2step <U>and</U> the timing retard wires to the same 12v source? Basically so that when the switch/button is pressed, it holds the rpms constant <U>while also</U> pulling 0-9.9* of timing out. I didn't know if people are doing this or if they are just using the 2step by itself. What's your input?? Thanks
Old 12-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MSD 2step & Timing Retard (AF-P Dunc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AF-P Dunc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've been searching the last couple of days and found plenty on how to wire the 2step, but I have a question....

- Would it be beneficial or bad to wire the 2step <U>and</U> the timing retard wires to the same 12v source? Basically so that when the switch/button is pressed, it holds the rpms constant <U>while also</U> pulling 0-9.9* of timing out. I didn't know if people are doing this or if they are just using the 2step by itself. What's your input?? Thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

YES, thats what i do, i believe in order for the 2 step on the digital 6 to work, you HAVE to have the timing retard wire hooked up regardless, although i may be wrong. but you wont believe the amount of boost 9.9 degrees makes
Old 12-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: MSD 2step & Timing Retard (AF-P Dunc)

Yes you can do that, but if it is a bigger turbo then the amount of timing it is capable of pulling out may not be enough to build the boost levels you are looking for. They are separate wires: blue for the two-step, and pink for the timing. They can be hooked up individually or together.

Jason
Old 12-08-2006, 06:34 PM
BCICAN

Default Re: MSD 2step & Timing Retard (Pro-Am 1934)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pro-Am 1934 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes you can do that, but if it is a bigger turbo then the amount of timing it is capable of pulling out may not be enough to build the boost levels you are looking for. They are separate wires: blue for the two-step, and pink for the timing. They can be hooked up individually or together.

Jason</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea I didn't know if it would build alot of boost, but I don't consider it to be a "big" turbo....more of a large medium haha. It's the T3 60-1, .82, stage 5 wheel.

I guess I'll just wire both the pink & blue to the horn button on the sparco steering wheel. Can't get much cleaner than that I would think. Thanks for the input guys