Notices

Motor Mounts, B18c1 Jackson Charger, Fuel Lines

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Motor Mounts, B18c1 Jackson Charger, Fuel Lines

I'm building a 1991 CRX si, I have a JDM B18c1 swap and I have a brand new Jackson charger. I need some help guys, I'm kinda in between a rock and a hard place..

I found out that the C5's head is 4mm smaller then the C1's, that's why the Jackson Charger bolts right up to the type R head in a CRX. I need 3/4" of an inch to a full inch to clear the Master Cylinder.. (I put spacers on the hasport mounts, still not enough)

I talked to LHT Performance, They are really nice people. They are one of the only people around with an Actual B18c1 swapped into a 1991 X, then Jackson Charged.

This is what they told me needed to be done for this to work, The fuel line under the dash needs to be cut and have a fitting put on to relocate the fuel line off the firewall (the throttle body is in the way of the stock fuel line position on the firewall), You need lower mounts because the Hasport are too tall, and a smaller Master cylinder.

This is where I need your help!

1.Has anyone ever changed position of the fuel line? What do I need and what kind of fittings did you use?

2. I need anyone with the Inovative engine mounts to see how low their B18 sits? Or if anyone can measure from the top bolt to the lower bolts on their B18 with Inovative mounts I'd love you. LHT makes mounts, but won't sell them to the public

Or if anyone know of any mounts that will lower the block an inch or so compared to the hasport

3. LHT said you needed a Smaller master cylinder compared to the stock CRX MC? does anyone know what MC is smaller? LHT said the one they used might be a type R MC, they didn't know the exact specs of it.

If you know, or might know someone who has these answers. Please help me out! I'd be in your debt.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you.

-Nick
Old 04-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Re: Motor Mounts, B18c1 Jackson Charger, Fuel Lines

Try shimming the master cylinder on the pass. side with a washer cut in half in a c shape and put it between the bolt this is said to help move it away from the pulley, also what size pulley is on there? if you use the 3.8 nose pulley it will give more clearence then if you have the 4.0 nose pulley! you can have your mounts relocated lower by a skillfull welder/engine fabricator this might be some work but if its your only option then its a posibility, my friend fabricated his own brackets for his mounts on a ford festiva with a gsr swap lol.. its so fast! so its possible.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://home.comcast.net/~keebler65/h...scinstall.html

I know it's for a B16A setup, but it's very close. Give it a whirl. I know the guy and he does good work. I've seen the car in person as well. Good luck.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im in the same position as you!!! ok ive just done reseach and here you go...you should be fine with a 3.6-3.8 pulley as mine is a 3.6 and it fits with room to spare, as you can see below (barley) it fits no problem

i think i may have found a solution while looking at member "Jakar"'s build (thank god for jadkar!!!). as you can see below ive flipped my fuel filter bracket over (super easy to do as it bolts up exactly alike) as well as clocked the filter toward the drivers side to give the lines some slack and i also bolted the heater valve through the bottom of the bracket to lower it slightly but still the fuel line is in the way without a doubt

so after reading this post i pulled jadkars pis up (for the hundreth time) and notice he clocked the fuel filter the other way around which helps position the lines in a better position alowing for more room for at least the intake coupler...
http://www.jadkarmotors.com/glasssph...s/default.html

i havnt tried it yet but theres my plan so far crossing fingers. but for anybody trying this, make sure you have a huuuuuge dent on the alt. side as the one i had for my stock b18c was fine but the jrsc needs alot more room!

Last edited by I CRX I; 04-24-2009 at 06:00 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

now after seeing the post above me, i would say clocking the fuel line upwards would be great!! anybody know how to unbolt that line?
Old 04-24-2009, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon3 Re: Motor Mounts, B18c1 Jackson Charger, Fuel Lines

Originally Posted by I CRX I
im in the same position as you!!! ok ive just done reseach and here you go...you should be fine with a 3.6-3.8 pulley as mine is a 3.6 and it fits with room to spare, as you can see below (barley) it fits no problem

i think i may have found a solution while looking at member "Jakar"'s build (thank god for jadkar!!!). as you can see below ive flipped my fuel filter bracket over (super easy to do as it bolts up exactly alike) as well as clocked the filter toward the drivers side to give the lines some slack and i also bolted the heater valve through the bottom of the bracket to lower it slightly but still the fuel line is in the way without a doubt

so after reading this post i pulled jadkars pis up (for the hundreth time) and notice he clocked the fuel filter the other way around which helps position the lines in a better position alowing for more room for at least the intake coupler...
http://www.jadkarmotors.com/glasssph...s/default.html

i havnt tried it yet but theres my plan so far crossing fingers. but for anybody trying this, make sure you have a huuuuuge dent on the alt. side as the one i had for my stock b18c was fine but the jrsc needs alot more room!

Thank you very much! The first autocross of the season is in two days, so the stock manifold is back on for right now. But as soon as we get home It's crunch time. We have three weeks from this upcoming Monday to have the car done.

I thank you all for the input, I'm going to try all of this and I'll keep you all updated! I'll take photos of the process too!

-Nick!

Old 04-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good luck man, i'll post up my progress also as there isnt much info on this swap out there (ive searched like crazy) if you can, you might want to add CRX B18C1 jrsc to the title so its easier for others to find. oh and sorry for not mentioning this earlier but yes i have hasport EFB2 hydro mounts and a JDM GSR in my rex. heres just a mock up of how everything should look
Old 04-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by I CRX I
good luck man, i'll post up my progress also as there isnt much info on this swap out there (ive searched like crazy) if you can, you might want to add CRX B18C1 jrsc to the title so its easier for others to find. oh and sorry for not mentioning this earlier but yes i have hasport EFB2 hydro mounts and a JDM GSR in my rex. heres just a mock up of how everything should look
Thank you soo much man!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aren't the intake bolt patterns different between itr and gsr
Old 04-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by adam00
Aren't the intake bolt patterns different between itr and gsr
Yes sir, the ITR head is a very worked B16 head, It's 4mm lower then the GSR head, which is why ITR Crx's always get jackson charged..

I didn't know this till after the swap
Old 04-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by i crx i
now after seeing the post above me, i would say clocking the fuel line upwards would be great!! Anybody know how to unbolt that line?
can anybody give me an idea on how to unbolt that fuel line attached to the firewall above? I dont want to mess with it and break it.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok i got it off!! for those interested, you have to turn the nut clockwise when facing the firewall so basically, your turning the wrench towards the drivers side to loosen and towards the passenger side to tighten when facing the firewall.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I did a B18c1 swap in a 88si rex and used some ebay $150 motor mounts. They worked and i didn't have to modify anything, guess i was lucky
Old 08-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey buddy....I'm sorry I'm really late to this party. First off thanks "I CRX I" for the props....I'm glad my photo album is helping people out there!!

For the third question about the brake MC.... I always respect John from LHT's knowledge, he knows FAR more than I do. I actually had the honor of meeting him when I was down in FL a few years back... great guy. With that said, the MC issue may be directly related to the type of mount kit you use. I am saying this because I use a HASPORT kit and I have no problems with MC clearence.... hell I even run a really large 15/16 MC from a Civic Wagon. This setup is crazy powerful when used with a Fast Brakes big brake kit. Anyway, take a look at my photos, I have plenty of room.