Notices

MORE Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MORE Problems

Well guys...we put the car back together. B16 w/LS pistons(b16 rods). It ran fine going to the gas station. I shifted at 3 grand...drove it nice and easy. On the way back to my house I decided to bring it a little higher. The box for my piston rings said to go from 35-55 at WOT 10 times. I put it in 4th and went from 35-55...twice. Check engine light went on. We stop in 711 to check for codes. Code 3....MAP Sensor...no big deal. I get back in the car to go home and it feels bad. It feels slower than it did (even not in boost). When in boost, you can hear the turbo spooling loudly, and the BOV loudly, but the car doesn't move as much as it did. After sitting inside for a while wondering what the hell it could be, I had to go outside to park the car (it was halfway up my driveway). I turned the car on, and the check engine light didn't go on. The car was still warm. I was so pissed that I got in the car and nailed it up and down the street. I probably shouldn't have done that. The car pulled hard as hell, but was smoking in the engine bay a little. Looks like it's coming from the PCV valve, because the elbow that connects the nipple to the motor isn't in. There was a little oil on the valve cover, because one of the headstuds cracked, and there is no nut on it. The motor was also shaking a little bit. I think that's because it was idling lower than normal. It could have been idling low because I need a new batter. It actually stalled when I let off the throttle as I was driving. The tach went down straight to 0, and the car stalled. Maybe it's the battery? I needed to jump the car for it to start after we first put the motor back together. Anyway, we're doing a compression test tomorrow. I'm stumped, out of money, and haven't had a car in over a month. I give up. Once this thing runs right I'm going to sell it and get something stock!

Goldfingiz
Old 12-07-2002, 07:58 PM

Default Re: MORE Problems (Goldfingiz)

On top of all that, my boost gauge read 12PSI. We have no idea why. We have a Turbo XS boost controller which is at the minimum setting. Also, the wastegate is stuck at 8psi, and boosted 8psi in the previous owners car (90IntegraGS stock). We saw it boost 8 all the way to redline. ARGH!

Goldfingiz
Old 12-07-2002, 08:19 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: MORE Problems (Goldfingiz)

boy smoke n bad idle = prolly blown motor eathier crackd sleeves bad ringlands or blown headgasket..... do a compression test and let us know. If all else fails swap out your b16 for a shoc untill you get more $$.

Godd luck (crossing fingers hopping everytings ok internally)

Blaze
Old 12-07-2002, 08:25 PM

Default Re: MORE Problems (Blaze45)

Thanks Blaze. Unfortunately, I'm done. I'm thousands ($) in the hole and it never ran right from the beginning of this turbo project. I guess I have to take the loss and live with a beater to live with =\

Goldfingiz