Notices

Check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light

Ah guys this turbo is a pain in the ***. First I have an oil leak from my pan which I can probably fix.
Now today Im driving in 4th gear push the gas a little bit hit about 2 pounds off boost then wham, check engine light comes on! So I pull over pop the hood, checked the check valves and Vac hoses, turn the car off, start it up drive back home with no check engine light?! What the hell? Any idea what might have caused this? I couldnt get the code because it didnt seem to come back. Anybody?!

Eric

Old 10-07-2001, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Check engine light (CWBETB)

Later tonight I decided to try it again to see if it was a fluke. I was going in 3rd gear and pushed the gas till I hit boost, this time it almost appeared as though the car went passed the 5.5 pounds stock setting and looks like it was going more to 7+ I layed off the gas right away knowing I could damage my engine. The check engine light popped on again. My tach also jumped but the engine did not rev. I pulled over, again turning the car off. Started it back up and headed home hitting no boost and had no check engine.
Old 10-08-2001, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Greddy 92-95 Civic Turbo kit on a ZC engine
Old 10-08-2001, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok guys at first I got a code 3 and 15, 3 meaning manifold absolute pressure, 15 meaning ignition output signal.

I poped out the hazard fuse to reset the ecu, took the car for a drive and hit boost and the check engine light came on. I drove it back home and I am now recieiving a code 3 only.

This almost sounded like the check valves to me, I took the check valves out and tried to blow through them, interesting enough one was stuck. It seems like it cleared itself so then I took it for a spin again and the check engine light poped on again. Went home, this time the check valve was stuck again! So Im going to go headout and get some new check valves, did you guys get any name brand I should get?? Thanks

Eric
Old 10-08-2001, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you want I have a missing link to eliminate the check valves, 45 shipped, what I paid. But when I had my ef turbo, I just put 3 check valves in a row, and it eliminated the code 3 for the map sensor.
Old 10-08-2001, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Check engine light (hybridrex)

I use a clampLink, which is a little electronic device that prevents the ECU from seeing boost. Its fully adjustable, and doesn't leak boost pressure like a "missing link" adapter would do - you connect your map sensor to your throttle body like normal. Its a bit more expensive than a missing link.. but its kept my check engine light from popping on since it was installed