MOETES BURNER JUST CHIPPED BUT NOT SURE??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 12:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOETES BURNER JUST CHIPPED BUT NOT SURE??????

I just got my Moetes burner and set everything up. At first I couldn't figure out how to get my basemap to the burn program so I just copied and pasted it to the folder that opens up when you click "load." After I had it in the folder I loaded my basemap and saved it then I clicked on the bottom to double check everything. It said the chip was burned etc. My ? is is this the way to do it as in copy and paste to teh other folder? And did I do everything else fine. I searched but only found how to install the chip and some other ?'s. Sorry fo rthe ? but just want to make sure.

Thanks to all that I talked to in the past about what management to get and that answered any of my ?'s before.

I know adseguy or something like that helped me before and all the others. I can't wait fo rmy manifold so I can get the LS boosted. 1st timer a lil excited
Old 02-21-2005, 01:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

and sorry I spelled it moetes when it's moates I just relized I did that
Old 02-21-2005, 03:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: MOETES BURNER JUST CHIPPED BUT NOT SURE?????? (dan_w_82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dan_w_82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My ? is is this the way to do it as in copy and paste to teh other folder? And did I do everything else fine. I searched but only found how to install the chip and some other ?'s. Sorry fo rthe ? but just want to make sure.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you using the flash and burn program or TunerproRT?

I use flash and burn and when I load the .bin file to the buffer I just look for my uberdata folder where I keep all my saved .bins. Then everytime after that when I go to burn a new .bin flash and burn remembers the uberdata directory. It might also have to do with where my flash and burn folder is located.I keep uberdata 1.7 in my C:\uberdata\uberdata1.70 folder and the flash and burn is in theCc:\uberdata\flash and burn folder.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just like what he said. And to check you can read the chip. Save to a file and name it something.bin and then open it in uber just to make sure you got it.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

I'll check to make sure it got burnt, and I don't put .bin on the end of my maps I make is that a MUST? I read that people do that but is that so they know it's a basemap/good tune? Thanks for the replys
Old 02-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dan_w_82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dan_w_82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'll check to make sure it got burnt, and I don't put .bin on the end of my maps I make is that a MUST? I read that people do that but is that so they know it's a basemap/good tune? Thanks for the replys </TD></TR></TABLE>

yah, like 93turbo16 said, whenever you save your map in uberdata you need to nam it filename.bin. Same thing when you read a rom, save it to the buffer and save it to your harddrive...make sure ou put .bin at the end.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just like what he said. And to check you can read the chip. Save to a file and name it something.bin and then open it in uber just to make sure you got it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I do... just to be sure...

- load buffer with desired .bin
- burn chip
- read chip and load to buffer (with different file name)
- open .bin from the chip and make sure it's the one you tried to put on there...

I might be paranoid but I usually check it every time I burn a new chip...
Old 02-21-2005, 12:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep and if you forget you can right click on it and change the file to a .bin saved my *** a few times.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I went back to uberdata folder and pulled up my basemap for my setup and it just has my name I titled it as, but under it instead of saying "JPG" is says .bin Is this what everyone is talking about as in having .bin at the end? I pulled up my basemap and after what I titled it I typed .bin but when it saved it it showed what I had there before.

I went back to the "flash and burn" program and erased my chip. I then clicked "load file to buffer" when I did this I had to copy my .bin from my other folder into the flash and burn folder. I then clicked on it and "HAD" to type .bin after cause it didn't show up. After it loaded I "saved" it and then clicked "program chip." After that "read chip" and nothing happen after it loaded. I then clicked "verify chip w/ buffer" and then it said everything is OK so I exited out and I'm done.
My main thing is the chip still getting burnt since i have to type .bin after it and is it still there since I copy and paste it to the "flash and Burn"

I just wanted to post back exactly what I did step by step to make sure I hopefully am doing it right after hearing what you guys said.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do this:

-Make you basemap in uberdata
-SAVE AS basemap.bin
-open Flash and Burn
-click LOAD FILE TO BUFFER search for your bin file named basemap.bin
-when the .bin has been loaded to the buffer BURN it to a chip

There you have it...the chip is now ready to be plugged in to your ECU. Make sure you follow the Moates inctructions on how to set up com ports for the burner.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dan_w_82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My main thing is the chip still getting burnt since i have to type .bin after it and is it still there since I copy and paste it to the "flash and Burn"</TD></TR></TABLE>

If what 93turbo16 says is true then it should run your car. If you want to be sure, follow the steps in my previous post.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

k I'll try that also thanks
Old 02-21-2005, 11:16 PM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: (BlueShadow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueShadow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do this:

-Make you basemap in uberdata
-SAVE AS basemap.bin
-open Flash and Burn
-click LOAD FILE TO BUFFER search for your bin file named basemap.bin
-when the .bin has been loaded to the buffer BURN it to a chip

There you have it...the chip is now ready to be plugged in to your ECU. Make sure you follow the Moates inctructions on how to set up com ports for the burner.</TD></TR></TABLE>

good for future reference.