Notices

Methanol Pump Wiring Issue Devils Own

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Methanol Pump Wiring Issue Devils Own

I am having an issue with the wiring.... I have double checked. I believe I should have it wired right... but pump is not working upon car on.

Below is how I have it wired up. What happens:

Red light turns on to indicate Power and Ground are hooked up and working. Yellow light initially flashes 3 times to showcase 3 bar sensor

Car idle... turning either **** start or flow... pump will not turn on and spray...

However I took the blue controller wire which is connected to the pumps negative ground and grounded both wires to chassis and car off terminal post on pump will work and spray.... all the time... no key in.

I do have my 3 gauge lights wired into the 12v ignition circuit with the pink 12v ignition wire of the controller. I also have my Mac Solenoid 12v ignition wired to this as well. Should still be efficient enough for all of this... small amounts

I have the negative of the pump connected to the blue controller wire. I have spliced into this the Control Solenoid Blue Wire

I have the Control Solenoid other wire Red spliced into the 12v battery line. Which goes from pump. Orange Controller wire is spliced in as well then to inline fuse and then to battery positive.

Transducer/Fail Safe simply grounded to thermostat then other wire ran to ecu.

I have black ground from controller connected to good ground near kickpanel area. Which lights on control seems to say it is a good ground with the constant Red light
Attached Images   
Old 03-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Methanol Pump Wiring Issue Devils Own

im pretty sure you gotta get in to positive boost pressure to get it to activate.... hook boost line to air comp... give it a small amount of psi check to see if it activates
Old 03-12-2015, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It hit me late last night. Bingo bango. I think your right. Needs positive pressure. Couldnt get that out of them yesterday on the phone. Car has turbo kit on but cold pipes not hooked up. Needs tune.

Very few articles tell how to turn it on to make sure it works but by passing and straight to battery pos n neg.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:31 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yea the pump won't turn on with ignition power. If that were case you'd have constant injection since the DO kit doesn't use a solenoid to control flow in addition to the pump (one thing I don't like about devils own, snow, aem, etc) so until the conditions are met for the controller to activate the pump it won't run.