Notices

Maybe this is too anal, but does anyone else watch there car with......

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 02:32 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with......

Close circuit tv or computer webcam? at home that is...??

Recording the nightly events on camera? right next to the motion sensor lights?
Couple frames a second works just fine and takes up almost no space over night...

or

Old 06-24-2002, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (GSRwBOOST)

I would do it if I could...
Old 06-24-2002, 04:10 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (xThexHeadx)

all it takes is a long *** usb cable and a computer nearby to capture the video... might not prevent it.. but might help catch the mothers that do anything..
Old 06-24-2002, 04:22 PM
New User

Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (GSRwBOOST)

hahaha, i'm going to stop by one night Jake and mess with your car just to see your reactions. Ahh, nevermind, I'll probably get a bullet in the head.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (degradated)

I have been wanting to do tht for ever. My car is always getting vadalised. First , it was a windw cracked, second it was toothpast all of my car, third was BB gun shots in the side of the car, fourth was eggs, and fifth just happed this past weekend GUM all over my car. I swear when I find the person I will hit them in the head basballbat. Oh well every time I think about my car getting fucked up i get really pissed.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:22 AM
New User

Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (2000_Civic_Si)

you should leave your car in the street and wait for the perpetrators to come..bring some friends , its obviously some kids
Old 06-25-2002, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (FAST94GSR)

we got this cool thing for our door that we use...its a wireless camera that jus needs a power source...then it sends its signal to a reciever that's hooked up to your tv and you can switch to like video 2 or whatever you hook it up to and watch.

you could set your vcr to tape that output source the whole time if you were **** or jus switch to it whenever you feel.

i'm considering it too cause i'm gonna be movin out soon to an apt and i don't trust anyone.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:56 AM
New User

Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (leadtrum)

I would definitely do that If I knew how. Good *** idea.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (newsense)

i would do it if i did not live out in the country. you should do a diy in this forum for anyone who wants to know.
Old 06-25-2002, 10:04 AM
tmg

Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (CovertFI)

i'd love to catch someone tryna get my stuff. the look on their face when they see the barrel would be a trip. video is daddy now.
Old 06-25-2002, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (themi6group)

I don't got a camera but I do got some ghetto rigged auto security haha. I have two speaker wires running to the outside pos/neg on the motion detector light. that light literally will light up if you come within 5 feet of the yard in any one of the sides. So I took a seperate light, ran it in my room. connected the light power source to the one of that outside. If the light goes on outside, that shiny *** 75W lightbulb wakes me up and I check the car.

Then again, the car has lojack, garage, 4 foot fence which is also chainded locked.
Not to mention killer lol(Jack Russell Terrier)
Old 06-25-2002, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (T3EMSI)

It's too dark in my garage for the camera to capture an image
Old 06-25-2002, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (1)

Garage ownz j00! Way too much invested for me to park on the street.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (Etylorcen)

I was thinking of doing those close circuit cameras to keep a tab on my car.
Old 06-25-2002, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (bomexciviccoupe)

garage has my vote but since you probably don't have one I guess that's the next best thing.
Some kids were walking by mine at 3 a.m. last week and I heard them talking. I woke up and went outside. I just said, "yes?" They turned around stunned b/c they were looking in my car...and they just said, "ah, ah, how much?"

<----for right now the integra is garaged and the other two are outside
Old 06-25-2002, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (justagsr)

i dont do it.but i would love to.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:55 PM
New User

Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (1)

they sell those wireless video camers you can place outside that will allow you to watch your car through a small monitor. it has recording features if you hook it up to a vcr. its tight. a friend of mine has one and it only cost $150.
Old 06-26-2002, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (dlplayboy)

For the big talkers that pretend they're gonna actually do something, dont forget to turn the camera off before people get injured.
Old 06-26-2002, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Maybe this is too ****, but does anyone else watch there car with...... (kinesistech)

For the big talkers that pretend they're gonna actually do something, dont forget to turn the camera off before people get injured.
Yeah, the last time my old car was getting broken into I had something for the guy...3 friends staying at my house.
<---don't be scared I'm only 5'9"