Notices

Manual boost controller install...

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 03:42 PM
I fry gay turkeys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual boost controller install...

I've got a Tial wastegate, I searched and found a thread that said to put the boost controller into the side port on the Tial, but the pdf I dl'd from Tialsport.com said to put it on the top.

Whic is correct? I'm lost. The boost controller needs a pressure reference from somewhere. HELP..
TYIA.

Old 09-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Manual boost controller install... (Honduh Chicken)

You get a T and run a line to the top port and then run the other line to the side port. Easy stuff. Be sure to get good quality hose cause the cheap stuff will kink, blocking signal to the WG = bad. lol Make sure to get good hose clamps and clamp everything down.

Good luck

Blaze
Old 09-23-2005, 08:18 PM
I fry gay turkeys

Default Re: Manual boost controller install... (Blaze45)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blaze45 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You get a T and run a line to the top port and then run the other line to the side port. Easy stuff. Be sure to get good quality hose cause the cheap stuff will kink, blocking signal to the WG = bad. lol Make sure to get good hose clamps and clamp everything down.

Good luck

Blaze</TD></TR></TABLE>

Okay, that's what I was thinking, but just to clarify.. Which side goes to which?

Old 09-23-2005, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no manul the top port stays open one port goes to the wastegate and one goes to a pressure sure like a tap in the ic/or piping
Old 12-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Honduh Chicken &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay, that's what I was thinking, but just to clarify.. Which side goes to which?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

bump my hallman looks like that turboXS...where does each port go...i have the lower one to the intake manifold vacumm... and then the side port to the wg and for some reason my car coastin to 20psi now i dunno why...anyone care to help please
Old 12-22-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Manual boost controller install... (JDM_Risa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_Risa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bump my hallman looks like that turboXS...where does each port go...i have the lower one to the intake manifold vacumm... and then the side port to the wg and for some reason my car coastin to 20psi now i dunno why...anyone care to help please </TD></TR></TABLE>

the side port on the boost controller (or the port that has the arrow pointing into the mbc) goes to the intake manifold, and the bottom or the outlet port on the mbc goes to the side port on the wastegate.
top port on the wastegate with a mbc stays open.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Manual boost controller install... (vaporboy12)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vaporboy12 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no manul the top port stays open one port goes to the wastegate and one goes to a pressure sure like a tap in the ic/or piping</TD></TR></TABLE>
correct