Notices

Making the switch! Which legit turbo is similar to this eBay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Making the switch! Which legit turbo is similar to this eBay?

LOLOL
Old 02-04-2012, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

people thinks its so bad to buy chinese products .. but all along PEOPLE WHO ARE HEAD OVER HEALS WITH SKUNK2 NEVER KNEW ITS BEEN ALL TAIWAN MATERIAL ALSO LMAO
Old 02-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rheg6
people thinks its so bad to buy chinese products .. but all along PEOPLE WHO ARE HEAD OVER HEALS WITH SKUNK2 NEVER KNEW ITS BEEN ALL TAIWAN MATERIAL ALSO LMAO
taiwan is not communist china.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There is a difference between chinese parts in a facotry in china with american standards and quality checking vs. some hack job chop shop trying to copy things without any engineering just making copies and absolutly no quality checking what so ever.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike703
^^^^you sound as though you have no personal experience with those Ebay turbos...truth is neither do i, but you comment is stupid none the less. everything breaks nothing lasts forever so i would rather cry over 200 than 1000 thats just me personally. also your comment about cheap chinese **** is stupid as well. open you damn eyes and look around everything is made in china..hell i went to lowes today and the damn lumber had a sticker on it saying made in china our country is going to **** and thats all there is to it...But another point to this is alot of parts name brand and not blow up because of user error and cheaper things that may be good COULD get a bad rap because generally speaking stupid people dont have enough cash to acquire a 1000 dollar turbo so they buy a 100 dollar one and use there pee brain to put it on...just like my payless shoes and my beater get me up the street just as good as the next mans jordans and rolls royce.
well said.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Aradin
Cool story bro. lol y u mad doe? This is exactly what I was saying. Since it broke, they could have just gone out and bought another one and still had money in their pocket for more important things, like classes on how not to be an overly-sensitive douchebag.

Everything breaks. Nothing, and I mean nothing will last forever. I'm sure 90% of the people that actually buy eBay turbos are aware that there are price gaps(most of which are insanely huge and absurdly inflated for huge margins of profit, there's no way in hell there's $1000 worth of materials and labor in a "quality" snail, probably more like 30% of that) for a reason. Does that stop them from buying eBay turbos though? No. Because most people have other priorities in life and still want to have fun. We don't want to go out and spend $1000 on something that'll "last forever" when we don't need it to last forever. Plus, can you seriously justify the cost of spending more money on a turbo setup than the actual value of the car it's going on? Didn't think so...Hondas are usually babies first modded car, after that you generally see people move on to **** worth modifying with "quality" parts.

H-T, congratulations on being filled with tender little blossoms who are so damn sensitive they have to get defensive over everything merely to justify their actions/opinions to themselves. This forum might have some good info, but you have to dig through piles and piles of **** to get to it anymore because everybody wants to be an internet gangster. I'll spend my money how I damn well please, suck it.
LMFAO
Old 02-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont think the ebay vs name brand turbo debate will ever end. I agree with turbo-ls there are different standards and so on depending whos doing the inspecting and alot of them have garrett parts in them now. back to this thread look into the gt28rs man if i didnt want more than 300 this is turbo i would def buy.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 02-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Whiterice-gsr
i dont think the ebay vs name brand turbo debate will ever end.
That doesn't mean it needs to continue in this thread, especially when the OP specifically asked that his thread be kept clear of it.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Aradin
You really are brave praising an eBay turbo on H-T. Be prepared for a bunch of people with no experience or, a bunch of retards who have to justify their overly inflated purchases by bashing your choice in product to chime in. I'm right there with you though, have the same turbo on my F22 and it's been wonderful for the past 8 months and 12k miles. Honestly, if you really don't want to spend a ton of money, then you'd best stick with them. By the time you buy a super cool mad tyte JDM name-brand bragging rights turbo, you'll have been able to buy 6 or 7 of the others.
Its not about praising one or the other, ive seen countless ebay turbo builds that worked just fine, some making numbers just as good as the name brand turbo kits, the issue with ebay turbos is that you ARE in fact getting a lower quality product, and the risk you take is very high. When they do fail, they usually fail spectacularly. Cost vs risk really.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rheg6
PEOPLE WHO ARE HEAD OVER HEALS WITH SKUNK2 NEVER KNEW ITS BEEN ALL TAIWAN MATERIAL ALSO LMAO
this really shocked me to see so many folks in the dark

i personally have known it for years, just figured everyone did
Old 02-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by racebum
this really shocked me to see so many folks in the dark

i personally have known it for years, just figured everyone did
they dont call it Junk2 for nothing
Old 02-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Spawne32
they dont call it Junk2 for nothing
x2 for junk2 evryones so proud of there skunk2 cams because they are skunk2 i personally would never put skunk2 in over a stock set of itr cams, plus their lcas are crap and intakes ive heard terrible reviews on, i read a thread the other day that a guy had a screw come loose in the intake and got sucked into a cyl and destroyed his head and piston. junk2 dont believe the hype. my opinion on turbo for the op is still gt28rs.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^X1000 seen too many broken cams and skunk just turned their back on them. i will never put another one of their parts on any one of my vehicles. friends dont let friends buy junk.