Ls/Vtec BUILT turbo questio??? A few, thanks

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls/Vtec BUILT turbo questio??? A few, thanks

Im gonna talk to me mech/tuner tomm but figure I might as well as here as its no harm.

So anyways Im still not sure (price depending) If im gonna get the Dart block or the FREE LS block,

Here are the question.

Curently I had (Cracked sleeve 84mm) a fully built B18C block with Fully built b16a head. Im going back to stock bore with a higher compression JE piston.

SO yeah yeah, I get Daret and im set okay,but about the LS block.

If I take all my B18C parts like tha crank, oil squirters, pro drive oil gear's (not that thay matter), I dunno what else I could use personally and stick them all in the ls block, How much worse will it be then running a B18C block. I know there will be 1 less brace in the block but Im really not too worried about that. What about the high rev since ill be using the B18C crank. I still want to be able to rev to 9k as my head is built to hanble past that. Im just looking for a bright side to a stupid LS block as I hate to think Im throwing away a good ITR one as its finished, Can be re sleeved unless I go 84mm again and there is no way im doing that again, No offense to anyone that hass it

thanks and sorry if i sound all weird,

Im just really good with the b16/b18c set ups, Havent really ever bothered with ls/vtec but I know they have PLENTY of potential. I have a buddy with Just LS that runs 10's (eg hatch) in his daily drivin hatch so I shouldnt bitch but i want to know?

thanks guys, Kenny
Old 01-30-2004, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ls/Vtec BUILT turbo questio??? A few, thanks (B18C GSR CIVIC)

No-one...

Common guys,
Old 01-30-2004, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would keep the ls crank in the ls block.. for the added amount of torque you will gain. also if you plan on spinning the engine to 9500 + i would recomend gettting a Z10 block girdle and main studs.....or you can get your main caps machined to fit your stock b18c block girdle on the ls mains, than you have to use your old main bolts from the gsr block.(i recomend buying new main bolts)

you can use your crank/rods pistons in the ls block, it will retain gsr "geometry" i dont belive you can put the oil squirters in the ls block anyway. (toomuch of a hassle and not worth it.)

http://www.z10eng.com
Old 01-30-2004, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ls/Vtec BUILT turbo questio??? A few, thanks (2.2Lcivic)

Thanks, Either way, Cause the shop messed up the LIKE new b18c block all the work will be free so adding the oil squirters is a must in my eyes. I Dont plan on reving past 9000 while drag racing and on streets when, if I race its usually never pushed past 8000 (haha, dont need to for most cars/bikes).

Hum, well Il check out that Z10 block, i have to call the shop anyways so its really up to them.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2004, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: The Land Of Car Thieves/Rising Gas Prices Daygo, CA, US

street racing is a no no, take it to the track.....other then that you got a nice setup....
Old 01-30-2004, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Ls/Vtec BUILT turbo questio??? A few, thanks

So you are choosing between:
DART block
LS block with stock sleeves
ITR block with damaged 84mm bores

Why is the 84mm bore such an issue. I'd resleeve the ITR block and use what parts I have. Otherwise I would go with the LS block but make sure to sleeve it at whatever bore you wish.
I do not have any experience with the DART block yet, so heck it could be a great choice also.

Even still I would stick to the ITR block if it is able to be resleeved with (GEM, Dartons, Bensons, etc). Why fugg with adapting a main girdle, oil spirters, Vtec feed line, etc when you don't have to with the ITR block????
Old 02-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ls/Vtec BUILT turbo questio??? A few, thanks (BROOD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BROOD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So you are choosing between:
DART block
LS block with stock sleeves
ITR block with damaged 84mm bores

Why is the 84mm bore such an issue. I'd resleeve the ITR block and use what parts I have. Otherwise I would go with the LS block but make sure to sleeve it at whatever bore you wish.
I do not have any experience with the DART block yet, so heck it could be a great choice also.

Even still I would stick to the ITR block if it is able to be resleeved with (GEM, Dartons, Bensons, etc). Why fugg with adapting a main girdle, oil spirters, Vtec feed line, etc when you don't have to with the ITR block???? </TD></TR></TABLE>

They CANT re sleeve the B18c block at all cause the original sleeves that were put in are for some reason bigger then the new ones and they wont fit. IE: too much gap and not proper fitment so its either (still waiting 100% price on dart block) or I have to go LS block. I know its not a huge issue with a ls block esp since ill be putting all the gsr and itr parts in it but I know I like top end/high speeds at time and thus, this would be a issue with the ls block.

Ill keep ya's updated when I hear from the guy replacing the block.
Old 02-01-2004, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what kind of aftermarket sleeves did you have? as far as i know there are only a few companys you can not resleeve if they are cracked.