Notices

LS Turbo Help please....

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Turbo Help please....

Ok i am new to the "turbo" scene i need help to decide what all to get i have the money and i have a 1995 civic eg with a LS swap so i was wondering if i it would be better to buy a whole turbo kit and if so what do you guys recommend please help me out i am ready to buy the stuff now...please dont flame if you dont have useful information dont post thanks....
Old 06-03-2004, 10:10 AM

Default Re: LS Turbo Help please.... (JDM Spec SeDaN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM Spec SeDaN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok i am new to the "turbo" scene i need help to decide what all to get i have the money and i have a 1995 civic eg with a LS swap so i was wondering if i it would be better to buy a whole turbo kit and if so what do you guys recommend please help me out i am ready to buy the stuff now...please don't flame if you don't have useful information don't post thanks....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok thats weird cause i have a 95 civic with a LS swap 2 , except mines boosted lol. It will be easier to buy a kit because you don't have to worry about the little things you missed when you piece one together. But you can save money by putting one together if you do it right. If you want to run a good amount of boost like 8-13psi get a nice sized turbo. Im running 11-13psi on my stock LS and im using a t3/t04e 60 trim turbo. Also if you have the money get a nice manifold like a lovefab or a full race. but if you wana save some money on a manifold you can go with a rev hard Mani and still make some good power. DO NOT USE THE HACK, it sucks ***. Just try uberdata, its FREE. umm....If you have any other questions just ask.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:10 AM

Default Re: LS Turbo Help please.... (civicflnum1)

Before I say anything, what kind of power are you trying to make?

And how much $$ do you have to work with?

A
Old 06-03-2004, 11:25 AM

im tryin to make atleast 250whp and i have about $1800 to spend maybe a little more....
Old 06-03-2004, 11:31 AM

Default Re: (JDM Spec SeDaN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM Spec SeDaN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im tryin to make atleast 250whp and i have about $1800 to spend maybe a little more....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well that rules out getting a prefabbed kit, your going to have to go custom one that kind of budget. You said your an00b so you'll have to do some research on what parts you need, what works best(within ur budget), best places to buy from ect......

I would maybe look into getting some good used parts, buy the Turbo new, maybe the manifold, look into Uberdata since its free, and the parts needed are fairly cheap.

I think with $2500, you can get everything complete, tuned and all just got to get the right parts at the right prices. Poeple have done it for cheaper, but it all depends on the quality of parts you buy. Like I said though since you dont have much $$ to work with its going to take time, knowledge, and patience.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:37 AM

Default Re: (quikB18B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quikB18B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well that rules out getting a prefabbed kit, your going to have to go custom one that kind of budget. You said your an00b so you'll have to do some research on what parts you need, what works best(within ur budget), best places to buy from ect......

I would maybe look into getting some good used parts, buy the Turbo new, maybe the manifold, look into Uberdata since its free, and the parts needed are fairly cheap.

I think with $2500, you can get everything complete, tuned and all just got to get the right parts at the right prices. Poeple have done it for cheaper, but it all depends on the quality of parts you buy. Like I said though since you dont have much $$ to work with its going to take time, knowledge, and patience. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks i will look into it alot further i jus didnt want to start buying stuff not knowing what the hell im doin and end up with stuff i cant use but thanks for the info and does anyone have links to sites where i can look at some of this sruff and get some prices...
Old 06-04-2004, 03:57 AM
New User

Default Re: LS Turbo Help please.... (JDM Spec SeDaN)

well first off, are you already obd1? i don't know because you said 95civic w/ ls swap. isn't 250whp kinda easy in a LS w/ boost? You can look into drag kits and rev hard kits, that should be enough for what you want.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:01 AM

cheap fast reliable

you can only have two which are you going to pick?
Old 06-04-2004, 11:05 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

What you'll need:

1) 6 months of dedicated daily reading/searching of the FI forum.

2) Friends who can source parts, or become a junkyard hound.

3) An eBay account. Hondaclassifieds.com is ok, and the Classifieds forum here is pretty good too for finding deals.

4) Befriend McMaster-Carr

5) Take your $1800 and turn it into a budget boost kit!
Old 06-04-2004, 12:07 PM

Default Re: (DaX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What you'll need:

1) 6 months of dedicated daily reading/searching of the FI forum.

2) Friends who can source parts, or become a junkyard hound.

3) An eBay account. Hondaclassifieds.com is ok, and the Classifieds forum here is pretty good too for finding deals.

4) Befriend McMaster-Carr

5) Take your $1800 and turn it into a budget boost kit!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like a plan dunno if i can wait 6 months but i will if thats how long it takes to do it right and wheres a good place to get a love fab manifold?
Old 06-04-2004, 12:54 PM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

Check them out at http://www.lovefab.com.

The only place you can get them from is Cody Loveland [aka Tinker219 here on HT].

But if you're on a budget, I'd recommend looking for a log manifold instead of spending the majority of your money on a manifold.