Notices

ls turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls turbo

I am looking to buy an integra ls and I would like to know how much PSI I could run safely on stock internals?
Old 04-26-2004, 08:10 AM

Default Re: ls turbo (ricerboy)

it depends mainly on what type of engine management / fuel management you run and how well it is tuned. With a standalone such as hondata , uberdata, aem ..etc... you could see up to 12 psi IMO with the motor being reliable.. anything over that is getting really risky on the stock motor.. HOWEVER the fact is, motors are limited by power not boost really.. with an FMU set up and injectors the most i would go is 8 psi.. i would like to hear other peoples opinions myself...
Old 04-26-2004, 08:36 AM

Default Re: ls turbo (J337_UNIT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J337_UNIT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it depends mainly on what type of engine management / fuel management you run and how well it is tuned. With a standalone such as hondata , uberdata, aem ..etc... you could see up to 12 psi IMO with the motor being reliable.. anything over that is getting really risky on the stock motor.. HOWEVER the fact is, motors are limited by power not boost really.. with an FMU set up and injectors the most i would go is 8 psi.. i would like to hear other peoples opinions myself...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I totally agree with you. It all comes down to the fuel management system & the TUNER. I still think with a good tuner its safe up to 13 *cough 14 cough* pounds of boost. But what the hell do I know. Come forth yee old honda gods and sheddeth your wisdom. (sorry but this shakespeare is driving me up the wall)
Old 04-26-2004, 08:43 AM

Default Re: ls turbo (tegmech)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J337_UNIT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it depends mainly on what type of engine management / fuel management you run and how well it is tuned. With a standalone such as hondata , uberdata, aem ..etc... you could see up to 12 psi IMO with the motor being reliable.. anything over that is getting really risky on the stock motor.. HOWEVER the fact is, motors are limited by power not boost really.. with an FMU set up and injectors the most i would go is 8 psi.. i would like to hear other peoples opinions myself...</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegmech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I totally agree with you. It all comes down to the fuel management system & the TUNER. I still think with a good tuner its safe up to 13 *cough 14 cough* pounds of boost. But what the hell do I know. Come forth yee old honda gods and sheddeth your wisdom. (sorry but this shakespeare is driving me up the wall)</TD></TR></TABLE>

i totally disagree with the both of you. you can not base it on psi. they only thing you can base it on is hp. psi on a dsm t25 is not the same as on a t3/to4e.

what i think is that ricerboy(no seriously, thats his name) needs to do some reasearch. use the search function, you will be able to find a lot of helpful informtion.

this question is asked AT LEAST once a week.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:58 PM

Default Re: ls turbo (envision2teg)

so what you mean is that it depends on how much horsepower the engine is putting out not what psi is being forced in? And if that is what it means then what is about the limit on hp for ls stock. And I am new to this forum site so I dont know that the question is being asked all the time.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:10 PM

300-350whp.

of course there have been higher, this personally is where i would stop.

i can see you are new which is why i suggested you search. you will find lots-o good stuff
Old 04-26-2004, 07:34 PM

Default Re: ls turbo (envision2teg)

Try searching little bit cause i know this topic has been covered few times, but to answer you question I ran 8 psi on mine on fmu and straight t3 turbo. I was beating on it 24/7 for a year never blew anything on it.....sold the car and it is still runing without any problems. So....good fuel menagement and you will be suprised how much power it can make. Happy boosting
Old 04-27-2004, 07:19 AM

Default Re: ls turbo (blown_LS)

so what is a good fuel mangement system but not too expensive? I dont want to go cheap but fairly inexpensive. Which would you buy if you were on a budjet but still wanted a good setup?
Old 04-27-2004, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A stock b18b can handle reliably any "reasonable" amount of boost, assuming the motor is healthy, well taken cared of, provided good fuel/spark management, and tuning. I honestly do hate questions like these, because there are no good answers. After all, anything can happen to the motor. You can have the best tuner, best parts, and run conservative boost and still have the motor let go on you. Before you consider how much boost a motor can handle, you should consider first what kind of power you want most out of your car. After that, you can start deciding if you want to boost on the stock block or built block. Keep in mind, however, the more boost you run the harder it will be to maintain and keep the motor healthy (keeping it reliable). My setup will be completed by late June early July. I plan to run .5bar daily/.7bar race on hondata s200b/550cc injectors. Good luck with whatever you plan to do.

Khoi
Old 04-27-2004, 11:21 AM

Default Re: ls turbo

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ricerboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so what is a good fuel mangement system but not too expensive? I dont want to go cheap but fairly inexpensive. Which would you buy if you were on a budjet but still wanted a good setup?</TD></TR></TABLE>

definately not an fmu! if u dont wanna buy another motor soon, find someone who can rom tune u an ecu thats good up to 10-11 lbs. that is all u should be doing on stock block. but to use a rom tune u need injectors
Old 04-29-2004, 12:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=268110