Notices

Ls SC or Lsvtec SC

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls SC or Lsvtec SC

Hello need some help from you forced industion members, I'm playing on going SC soon so I was wondering should I go Ls SC or Lsvtec SC. What would be more reliable and upgrades should I get any comment will help. I would like to shot for Lsvtec SC but what are your inputs.

Pros And Cons

Modified by xvietxkhmerxboix at 7:18 AM 12/12/2003
Old 12-11-2003, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ls SC or Lsvtec SC (xvietxkhmerxboix)

go ls/vtec, and ditch the SC. go nos or turbo..supercharged hondas are worthless imo.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:10 PM

Niether, you should go turbo. But seriously, no hate, but what are you reasons for wanting to go supercharged?
An LsVtec is going to be better simply because any vtec head is going to out flow the stock ls head. Especially since on SC applications, boost levels are usually lower, so cranking up the boost and letting the turbo make up the extra power (on a straight ls compared to lsvtec) isn't as realistic of an option.
Basically, SC's run lower boost (average kits come with between 6-12 psi pulleys) so to make more power, you'll need the extra flow somehow, and this is where the vtec head would come in. Now, if you went turbo (come on, I had to ) You could save some money and run a straight LS motor, (although, once again, an lsvtec would be better) and crank up the boost a bit more in order to reach the same levels as any lsvtec sc motor would make. If it's lag you are trying to avoid, you could always run a straight ls motor with the lower redline, (as opposed to a vtec motor) and run a decent sized T3 that'll still give you quick spool and pull till redline. Sorry for being so longwinded! I hope it made some sense, and I'm sure someone will come on here and correct me. Good luck and let us know what you decide!
Old 12-12-2003, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Ls SC or Lsvtec SC (Disco Stu)

bumpo
Old 12-12-2003, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as your willing to build it up from the beginning I'd suggest LSVT, heck I'm biased anyways. The cylinder head is well worth the extra efforts to make it work.

I also agree that I would choose turbo over SC, but doing your own thing is cool too. I would probably not touch a JRSC unless it was intercooled and prepared for large boost numbers.
With the SC route I would be more worried about inlet air temps over how well the cyl head flows. High inlet temps will kill performance on both a good flowing cyl head and a poor flowing cyl head.

Good luck with your project
Old 12-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok! SC
turbo
why? b/c this <U> https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=697284 </U>