Notices

lots of oil in my spark plug ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lots of oil in my spark plug ???

resently try and run my new build motor ... first run .... when I crank it it seem to be this like only 1 or 2 piston fire and then all other are dead .. i check my spark plug wire but no it wasnt that after I tray just about everithing i got my spark plug out and and find that there is lots of oil in my spark plug??? what could be one of the reason why there is soo much oil in my spark plugs
Old 10-14-2005, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if the rebuild was n ot to proper honda specs then yes the clearances coudl be WAy off this causing oil leakage and leading to fouled plugs. you might consider taking the motor back to the shop or the car and have them look at it as it sounds liek you have some major issues. The only other thing i can think of is your rings are so new they have not sealed yet, you may have to crank on the motor a few times to get them to seat enough to start the car.

Tale all the plugs out and crank the car for 10 min (might want to use a jumper from another runnign car to keep your battery form dieing). once done do a compresion test. see what happens. if the compression is even or withiun in a coupel of psi across all cyclinders, then install new plugs and fire it up.

FYI when cranking, pull the fuel pump/injector fuse so you don't get fuel goin into the motor, and hold the tb open or mash the accelerator to the floor.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (oscarmayer)

that might be it clerance ..... I talk to they guy who I bough the pistons from and he said that fi cars should have a good clerance bc of the piston expanding from heat ??? is that true .... when I was doing the build up I contact theguy and he told me is right no worry about it bc I test the pistons and there was a good space between the sleeves and the pistons not too much ... or it might be that ,\...... gonna buy a comp tester soon
Old 10-15-2005, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EGSR)

up
Old 10-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt
Old 10-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (oscarmayer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oscarmayer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if the rebuild was n ot to proper honda specs then yes the clearances coudl be WAy off this causing oil leakage and leading to fouled plugs. you might consider taking the motor back to the shop or the car and have them look at it as it sounds liek you have some major issues. The only other thing i can think of is your rings are so new they have not sealed yet, you may have to crank on the motor a few times to get them to seat enough to start the car.

Tale all the plugs out and crank the car for 10 min (might want to use a jumper from another runnign car to keep your battery form dieing). once done do a compresion test. see what happens. if the compression is even or withiun in a coupel of psi across all cyclinders, then install new plugs and fire it up.

FYI when cranking, pull the fuel pump/injector fuse so you don't get fuel goin into the motor, and hold the tb open or mash the accelerator to the floor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

would that affect my compression

I did a compression test and it show

piston 4 = 175- psi
piston 3=175 psi
piston 2 = 180 psi
piston 1=180 psi
what could be wrong ...?? i havent done what u told me crank the motor for over 10 minutes and let the rings seat ... one question should I take the sparkplugs when I'am doing this or should I just leave it ....( my gess is when taking the plugs out it would crank faster )
Old 10-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

motor start it up ...... lol ...... I did what use to do with my bike when I try to run every time I wash it I use to take the spark plug wire out and just leavet on top that way the discharge would be stronger and then a stronger spark would ignite the mix ... motor run pretty good I keep it at like around 3500 rp for a period of 5 minutes now the wire are connected they way the should .. and it runs good