Custom IC piping
Custom Precision Turbo IC
Venom Fuel Rail
720CC venom injectors
-8 feed fuel line
-6 return line
Moroso oil pan
2 Row Del sol vtec radiator

Here's the problem. Back when the car had the sleeved motor and a drag turbo kit, with a speedpro, it ran hot. It kept blowing headgaskets. We thought there was some problem with tuning possibly, and also sent the block back to benson. He re-did the sleeves and assembled the longblock. We got rid of the speedpro and got a hondata. Using the datalogger, we can see that the tps will throw a code everytime. Switched to stock TB, no luck. After breakin, we decided to check a/f with the wbo2 for a couple of good runs. Car makes around 11 lbs of boost, and is strong, but only at part throttle, and while it has a slight miss, its not really noticeable. When going WOT, it will miss more, and at 5000+ it is horrible. A/F is around 10.5-11:1, and timing is @ 19*. Car will run nice temps ~ 190, intake air temp 85. Cruise down off interstate, let it idle, car will get to 200, 205, 216. Car will run over 200 all the time at cruise in 5th, go to 3rd to get rpms up, and temp will come down to 195 or so. So far, the temp hasn't gone above 216, and only once. This car is making no sense. It had cooling problems before, it has them now. From the drag kit with speedpro to custom kit with hondata, here is what has been changed.

Radiator
thermostat
radiator to engine hoses

If there is anything i am forgetting, please ask me. I am just overwhelmed with the problems of this car.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Long - Big problem with Turbo GSR in Civic (Screaminz28)

Is the cooling fan coming on? What temp range are you plugs? Is there air in you head? Newly built engines run hot, but you said you were past break-in period. Was your water pump changed with the new build? That's a few to work on.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Long - Big problem with Turbo GSR in Civic (tzsir)

Cooling fan is wired directly to the thermostat switch. It comes on randomly and there appears to be no rhyme or reason. It wil cut on at 195, off @ 198. On at 200, off at 202. Weird. Does not appear to be air in the head. Only problem is one guy is a moron and always opens the valve when its hot and sprays coolant and steam everywhere, and says its air. I can't tell for sure. Doesn't look like it. Water pump is new as well. Anything else?
Old 10-18-2002, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Long - Big problem with Turbo GSR in Civic (Screaminz28)

You can tell when it's air it'll make pretty bubbles when it comes out. If there is air you'll have irregular idle (you know up and down not steady) because the temp sensor is a little confused on what the temp is with fluctuating readings and everything. I would check out that thermostat switch first it's sounds like it's the problem there. Just so you know when you bleed a cooling system it has to be running and stand there with a bottle of coolant to keep it filled up.