Notices

leaking off boost like crazy ? possible wg prob, help

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default leaking off boost like crazy ? possible wg prob, help

ok well we were tuning the car today and we took out the WG sprng to do the part throttle tuning s that it wouldnt see boost, now since we put the spring back in it seems like the car under full throttle, and fully floored will like shoiot back and loose full boost, i can gradually give it steady boost and it will hold fine , but cant punch it , i took the wg apart again and reseated the Diaprma thinking that could be the onyl thing becuase we checked the charge pipes. . . . still doe sit though. could i be seating it wrong , or could it be something else?
Old 02-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: leaking off boost like crazy ? possible wg prob, help (itr206)

Its still doing it? Crap, i thought we took care of it when we repositioned the diaphram.
Old 02-08-2003, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: leaking off boost like crazy ? possible wg prob, help (boosted hybrid)

Vacuum line? Is the sring alright. Not crimps or kinks in it?
Old 02-08-2003, 07:26 PM

Default Re: leaking off boost like crazy ? possible wg prob, help (BudaKai)

Unless the spring is seated incorrectly, I have no idea.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: leaking off boost like crazy ? possible wg prob, help (Sleepin')

yea jeff it still does it , i can make boost gradually, but when i really dump on it and floor it is when it does it .
we reposisioned the spring and diapragm last night, but ? i dunno . i checked the vac lines real quick and everything is connected still.
i dunno if it maters, but is stillin the same spot and no probs bevore, but i took the source from the back of the manifold where the map snsor takes it vac source
Old 02-09-2003, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BUMP , need help guys,
Old 02-09-2003, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am going to take a quick look at the fuel map today real quick and see if something funny is going on. It feels to me that you are hitting a "fuel wall" in the map. When i checked yesterday the maps looked ok, but the more i think about it the way it feels seems like overly rich fuel...
Old 02-09-2003, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: leaking off boost like crazy ? possible wg prob, help (boosted hybrid)

yea the hitting the wal thing sounds about right becuase thats how the car feels, my friend was thinking maybe not enougg fuel but i told him you said the maps looked good, . . . yes please take a look at em again asap , the car is totally running like **** in boost, outta boost it runs great .
i took the wg apart like 3times now and made sure its seated right and everything intrnally is fine and it is . i checked all the vac lines they are on fine , i asked my firned if it could be the sensitivity of the bov maybe getting wierd now that it has more pwoer and he said no . it wouldnt do that . . . . so im at a loss here, , , i think it might be the program , becuase if you remember last night it wasdnt doing it at 1dst when we were boosting , it only started happening towards the end of the tunwe when we richened it up becuase it was leaner in boost. . . . its gottabe the burn . let me knwo what you find out and when we can get together next as soon as possible and try and check out the burn
Old 02-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its gotte be the burn , i just looked at my plugs and there is detonation on them , assuming its from me playing with it today to test it under boost. . . so theres deff an issue there. and iot looks like 2 plugs are burning richer than the others. . . hit me up Jeff, we gotta get this thing figured out
Old 02-09-2003, 01:51 PM

What's the timing at?
Old 02-09-2003, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: leaking off boost like crazy ? possible wg prob, help (BudaKai)

on the dist and the hondata its 14 degrees and Boosted hybird looked at thetiming maps and they are really conservative.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok well i think i can narrow it down to the tune , i had Jeff (boosted Hybrid ) look at i agian and said it looked fine from what he saw.
can you guys take a look at these maps and ?? i dunno esee if everything looks aight?
edit . . . damnit it wont paste. h9ow do i paste the maps to post em ? i tried saving thme on word to my computer and thne linked thme to wee todd and paste em from there, but no go ?

[Modified by itr206, 5:08 PM 2/9/2003]

[Modified by itr206, 5:09 PM 2/9/2003]
Old 02-09-2003, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You said you were running lean in two cylinders when you pulled the plugs today. I find this interesting since you should be consistent across all cylinders. In the boosted maps you were running rich, then all of a sudden you would hit like 14:1~15:1 a/f values. The numbers on the maps are very rich values, so this shouldnt be occuring. To me this points to the injectors are getting funky when the duty cycles pick up. I am pretty much clueless as to what the problem could be. Try having sgt or vaportrail take a look at the maps, they might be able to pick something out.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how do i post them ?
they werent running lean , it looked like 2 were runnign richer though. . mabye just my imagination , they could be still showeing rich from when it was soo rich before yesterday thats prob it . . . there deff detonation on thme though . so im thinking what we feel is detaonation
Old 02-09-2003, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It could be, but i cant believe that the map values would give detonation. I am getting the new romulator and software for this weekend, we can take of everything till then. For now, just take out your wastegate spring and drive the car.