Notices

keep the revhard manifold or trash it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keep the revhard manifold or trash it?

i am currently running a revhard manifold on my car. im planning to get the krb ramhorn manifold but i was wondering if i will feel a big different over the krb? are the revhard manifolds junk anyway?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: keep the revhard manifold or trash it? (LilCivic04)

is your motor internally stock? If so then you should be fine with that mani. i would only get a better one if you a.) Need more flow for a big HP setup, b.) have boost creep issues, c.) want a blingin looking equal length.

Remember you will need to modify your down pipe maybe harge pipes. Also dont buy a crumby mani, thats what i did and i paid to get rewelded twice. Revhard mani's are not junk, ay least you know it wont break at 80+ on the highway.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

d16z6 motor

block:
9.1 compression pistons
scat rods
darton sleeves

cylinder head:
1 mm larger intake valves
polish swirl intake valves
crower valve springs
crower retainers
crower cams
port and polish head
port and polish intake manifold
rpm 68mm throttle body
aem cam gear

my current turbo set up:
drag manifold
turbonetics t3/t4 turbo
2.5 inch intercooler piping
drag fmic

can you really feel a difference with a ramhorn manifold?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seems like you have a nice setup, id run the drap mani and save up for a new turbo setup. seems lke your FMIC, mani might be holding you back a bit...

I would also look into those new BB SC turbos too

here is a bad pic of mine, i should be for sale soon too.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:28 AM

Default Re: keep the revhard manifold or trash it? (kabaroo)

the mani shouldnt be too much of a problem:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=353507

hope this helps
Old 10-12-2005, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if your gonna get rid of it let me know. i wanna buy that and your downpipe. what size is your dp?
Old 10-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93NTEGLS)

what do you guys think will be ideal for my setup?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: keep the revhard manifold or trash it? (kabaroo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LilCivic04 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i am currently running a revhard manifold on my car. im planning to get the krb ramhorn manifold but i was wondering if i will feel a big different over the krb? are the revhard manifolds junk anyway?</TD></TR></TABLE>
well what are you plans? are you planning on upgrading more parts and looking for more hp? if you just wanna look bling bling, then get something new. if you don't wanna hassle with tune and change, then don't.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kabaroo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also dont buy a crumby mani, thats what i did and i paid to get rewelded twice.</TD></TR></TABLE>
what manifold do you have pictured there?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by large farva &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the mani shouldnt be too much of a problem:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=353507

hope this helps </TD></TR></TABLE>
what does that tread do?! telling how the revhard manifold is great? it's near 3 years old.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LilCivic04 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what do you guys think will be ideal for my setup?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
my personal opinion. go for an upgrade. you might just feel a slight difference, but you might just like the change. join the bandwagon already your block is ready for it.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: keep the revhard manifold or trash it? (undercoverdc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undercoverdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
what does that tread do?! telling how the revhard manifold is great? it's near 3 years old.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow. you sir, are one jackass.

"errr what does that thread do?"

hm.... lets see...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by camp1320.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...Kenny tran from JOTECH ran 9.68 with a RevHard cast manifold..WTF..?? ask tony1 .. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yup, can't knock the good ole cast rev hard! It got us the record back in '99 which we held for about 8 months. Never cracked, never boost crept. </TD></TR></TABLE>

what it simply does it what every other thread about a good manifold does. in this case, lilcivic over here wants to know if his revhard is junk.. soo.. A CAR RUNNING SUB 10 SECOND QUARTERMILE TIMES WAS USING IT WITHOUT PROBLEMS.

so the thread just gives an opinion that the manifold is a good manifold, not very probable to crack or to create boost creep as suggested by tony1.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: keep the revhard manifold or trash it? (large farva)

ok guys i want to squeeze every bit of hp out of my gt28rs turbo. tuning is no prob, i do that my self
Old 10-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: keep the revhard manifold or trash it? (large farva)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by large farva &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow. you sir, are one jackass. </TD></TR></TABLE>
sorrrrry mister the thread is near 3 years old. people have stated the revhard is better than the drag, but everyone has their own opinion on cast manifolds. i was just merely asking you what your point through the thread was, it was title "tubular or cast?" which is to pick

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LilCivic04 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok guys i want to squeeze every bit of hp out of my gt28rs turbo. tuning is no prob, i do that my self</TD></TR></TABLE>
why don't you consider an equal length manifold. unless you think it's out of your budget.