JRSC install on 95dx with d16z6 swap. need some help JRSC experts needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 02:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC install on 95dx with d16z6 swap. need some help JRSC experts needed

ok here's the setup. 95 dx hatch (wonder where that came from? ) with d16z6 swap. jrsc is originally from a 88-91 civic so i'm running a TB from a d16a6.
ECU= p06 reprogrammed to p28 spces WITH uberdata.
dsm 450cc injectors wired through the resistor box as well.

only code i am throwing is 22 which is vtec pressue valve so that wont be affecting whats described below

so i got all the extra vacuum, coolant and fuel lines hooked up in the right places. extended the wiring of certain sensors and wired the resistor box. everythings good to go. pop in the new ecu, mentioned above, and prime the fuel system a time or 2 since i replaced the fuel filter. start it up and it fires right up. BUT it idles at 2-3000 rpm. its not rough either its just high. anyone have any ideas? ive checked lines and everything and nuts and bolts are tight on the TB and manifold to head areas. and throttle cable isnt too tight, its actually looser then i'd normally have it.

theres also a vacuum diaphram on the spring side of the TB that allows the spring to go farther back when vacuum is applied to it (car running). the d16z6 tb doesnt have this.... doubt its my problem but i could jsut swap springs from the 2 TBs and block off the vac line running to it couldnt i, if it'd even help?

once it's running right it'll go to get tuned by crome or uberdata so itll be running nicely. sorry this is kinda all over the place. just not sure what to check next and its late so i'm fading fast. any help is greatly appreciated. AND for those wondering if a blower from another D series motor will fit theirs (d16y8 to z6 or something) it WILL work, you just have to modify a few simple things here and there. worked for me besides this minor deal
Old 07-05-2005, 03:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

uberdata is known for high idles on startup, but it might just be a vacuum line. Make sure your throttle is closed and that you aren't leaking around the TB.