JRSC Boost Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC Boost Upgrade

I was just reading about the JRSC boost upgrade, anyone use it here? A 15-20% increase in hp and torque sounds pretty good. I emailed them about a boost upgrade for the Prelude SC, and they said they are dealing with some fuel issues, but it hasnt been ruled out. I explained to him that the upgrade could persuade more Lude owners to go with their SC, and that the reason alot of people dont want to go with it is because they would be limited to about 225whp, but if their was an option to get that up to 260whp, it would be looked at more closely by alot of people looking for FI. I think its hopeful, and once they realize the potential, they will manufacture the upgrade. I am personally going to stay on them about it. Nitrous on top of the SC would be an option for people looking for even more HP, I dont know if DP Fogger would be possible, but if it was, crazy HP gains would be acheivable.
Old 02-28-2002, 02:43 PM

Default Re: JRSC Boost Upgrade (Toretto)

Anyone?
Old 02-28-2002, 02:49 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

you can obtain the smaller pulley from other sources and work on your own fuel solution.
Old 02-28-2002, 04:04 PM

Default Re: JRSC Boost Upgrade (falconGSR)

I talked with JR today, and he said they wwill be looking into it, and there could be a boost upgrade available sometime in the next 12 months. What fuel issues would need to be taken care of?
Old 02-28-2002, 04:07 PM
What is this crap?

well how much fuel pressure are you pushing with the stock injectors?

you could upgrade them to higher flowing injectors then lower fuel pressure to balance them for off-boost driving.
Old 02-28-2002, 07:04 PM

I hevent bought one yet, but a factor in buying one is if I can up the boost a bit. I dont see how fuel issues would be any differant than with turbo, but I will have to research it. I can pick up a JRSC for about 2800 from importparts.com, maybe even lower, and know that you get about 230whp from the kit, and if I could up the boost some, I would bet it would be around 265whp. After that, I can always add nitrous, DP Fogger if it would work out. Of course built internals would be needed. The SC seems like a nice product, doesnt offer the gains of a Turbo, but doesnt have all the tuning issues either. I think will have my Honda dealer install it, so it should be tuned correctly.
Old 02-28-2002, 07:11 PM
What is this crap?

where do i begin?

the prelude kit is pretty new, there will be ways to up the boost. just give it time. JRSC has its own set of tuning issues. your bet of upping the boost 'a bit' and getting 265 whp is not a safe bet, not without additional mods. in general, the JRSC is a 'nice product' but the prelude kits aren't tried and true yet - too new and too few installs that I know of.

Oh yeah - your Honda dealer isint going to know jack about 'tuning' your car with a supercharger on it.

Old 02-28-2002, 07:49 PM

Wouldnt they know more than most mechanics? I am talking about eh mechanics at the Honda dealer, just to make sure we are on the same page. I have some time before I will have the money saved up, so I can find a good mechanic to do teh install. I would do it myself, but wast sure if I would be able to tune it properly. So, we can up the boost with smaller pulleys along with some other mods, cool. I will probably run the stock setup for a while, until I can get all teh additionals I need. I would probably want that liquid cooling unit they have to lower the temp, and a CAI is a given.
Old 02-28-2002, 07:54 PM
What is this crap?

Wouldnt they know more than most mechanics?
they are trained on hondas. they know hondas very well. they can diagnose many problems quickly, accurately, and often with just hearing the symptoms from the customer.

you put a supercharger on, and you've changed everything. it sounds different, it acts different and all their diagnostic equipment and documentation is pretty much useless cause you've modified how the engine works, as well as spliced into the wiring harness.

for the most part, installing the JRSC doesn't require much tuning. its more 'tweaking' including getting all the electronics hooked up and adjusting the belt tensions.

if you're lucky enough to find a dealer that will warranty your car if they install the JRSC, then by all means go to a dealer, but thats rare as far as i know - and usually expensive.

Old 02-28-2002, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this kit is anything like the GSR kit you will also need a BTM (Boost Timing Master) this is what makes the kit so expensive. Fuel system usually gets upgraded via fuel pump. These are the same problems I went thru when I bought my upgrade kit. I was able to talk JR into making me a pulley before one came out. It cost me a lot of money thought.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=111180

falconGSR is right about the dealerships. They don't have a clue, if something breaks they will automatically blame it on the SC. When my car acted up it took them four weeks to figure out the stock fuel pressure regulator was bad.

[Modified by nsxxtreme, 9:15 PM 2/28/2002]
Old 03-03-2002, 12:36 PM

Default Re: JRSC Boost Upgrade (nsxxtreme)

Ok, I planned on running the stock setup for a fair amount of time, but just wanted to make sure I could up the boost when I am ready. As for warranty, I will talk to the guy I bought it from, my sisters boyfriend knows him (which doesnt hurt) before I do buy and install the kit, but from what I have heard, warranty is still there, unless the SC is directly related to engine failure, such as detonation from the boost. Anyone know just how much psi can be run with the JRSC? And has anyone installed an intercooler?