Notices

anyone who has increased boost from jrsc

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone who has increased boost from jrsc

I'm going to increase the boost from the jrsc on my 98 ITR. I've picked up a lot of useful tips from other threads, so if you have already answered these questions I'm sorry to bother you again. The problem is that during my research here and other places I have received some contradictory information. So I would really like to hear from anyone who has already actually done this. Also if anyone knows of any good magazine articles or technical manuals on this subject please let me know. I've already been talking to Jackson Racing about this. They have been very helpful, but I want to explore all of my options.

1. My car is a daily driver and needs to last a while. How high can I safely boost on my stock engine?

2. I got the fuel pump upgrade when I originally installed the supercharger. Will I need to get larger injectors and/or fuel pump if I stay under 10 psi?

3. How much will a CRV crank pulley increase the boost on my ITR? Are there any other stock engine pulleys I could use instead of the step pulleys and crank pulleys specifically designed to increase boost?

4. What's the cheapest fuel management system that will work properly with my boost set up?

Thanks

[Modified by fredtoast, 11:28 PM 12/5/2002]
Old 12-05-2002, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: anyone who has increased boost from jrsc (fredtoast)

You should get at least 440cc injectors. But you will need a way of controlling this. I talked to you on the phone about the Hondata system and it will probably be your best bet. As for Crank Pulley, I believe you can use the CRV, but I"m not sure how much boost you will get from it. Your best bet would be an after market (JR or some other company's) crank pulley. If at all possible keep all your pulley's as large as possible to avoid any slipping of the belt.

[Modified by Spunkster, 4:53 PM 12/5/2002]
Old 12-06-2002, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ITRs are tricky cars to run the JRSC on. As for cheap engine manaemet, I would recommend PMS by EFI Systems (www.efisystems.com) if you can pick it up used. For some reason they do not fetch much but are very good in my eyes. I used it on my race CRX for 1 1/2 years. Only upgraded because i couldn't control bigger than 750 cc injectors with it. You can pick them up for around $400 used. On my car, I think the CRV crank pulley gave me between 1 and 2 lbs of extra boost on a GSR. Brian

[Modified by XXXRacing, 1:39 PM 12/6/2002]
Old 12-06-2002, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone who has increased boost from jrsc (XXXRacing)

The CRV pulley should take you to about 9-10psi. Remeber the type R pulley is smaller than the GSR. The CRV is the same diameter as the LS pulley. I ran a JDM type R @ 8.5 psi. This was tuned with hondata and 440 injectors. I got 247 whp and 161 trq. Ran as smooth as stock. I'm looking to go AEM so If you want the hondata 3b tuned with 440RC injectors I'll sell it for $700 (includes p28 ECU,hondata box, RC440 injectors,shiflt light, clutch sensor)

These turbo people here in the FI forum turned me into a boost junkie.
Old 12-06-2002, 12:21 PM
Trial User

I believe a GSR crank pulley will increase your boost 2psi or so.

I see 12psi on my boost gauge with a CRV pulley on a GSR. Very open intake and exhaust too...

I'd be really careful if you do put a CRV pulley on.

If you're going to use a rising rate FPR to control fuel, you will only need 310cc or bigger injectors. I have 320cc injectors and only need a max fuel pressure of 67psi to keep my motor well fed.

But, as said above, the ITR is tricky to work with. Your best bet, whichever boost increase method you choose, is to get a standalone engine management system and tune it on a dyno. It's too easy to break that nice motor you have with higher boost.
Old 12-06-2002, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone who has increased boost from jrsc (Holden)

I also seen 12psi with the CRV crank pulley on my b16.

Around 8500rpm I would see 13psi.

But I didn't rev that high that oftern on a stock motor.
Old 12-08-2002, 07:16 AM

Default Re: anyone who has increased boost from jrsc (salt)

Thanks for all the info everyone.

Salt...When you say that the Type-R pulley is smaller than the GSR you're talking about the stock crank pulley and not the jrsc pulley, right? Also, does the price for the Hondata include the 440 injectors?
Old 12-08-2002, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Injectors are sold separetely from the Hondata.