Notices

Installing TurboXS Dual Stage Boost Controller Switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing TurboXS Dual Stage Boost Controller Switch

Where are you all tapping the 12V ignition fused power from for the toggle switch? I tried the cigarette lighter power wire, but I kept blowing the fuse every time I started the car. Is there a recommended spot? I spoke to someone from TurboXS yesterday and they told me to just solder it into the IGN2 (constant ignition voltage even when the starter is activated...much like a turbo timer), but that would need much lower gauge wire (I think the switch uses 18-22AWG. Thanks in advance for your help.

-Mark
Old 03-26-2004, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installing TurboXS Dual Stage Boost Controller Switch (NapTownSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NapTownSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Where are you all tapping the 12V ignition fused power from for the toggle switch? I tried the cigarette lighter power wire, but I kept blowing the fuse every time I started the car. Is there a recommended spot? I spoke to someone from TurboXS yesterday and they told me to just solder it into the IGN2 (constant ignition voltage even when the starter is activated...much like a turbo timer), but that would need much lower gauge wire (I think the switch uses 18-22AWG. Thanks in advance for your help.

-Mark</TD></TR></TABLE> you can run it there, the wire that comes with the controller is meant for that type of current load, we have run these with 16 volt bateries just fine, besides you shouldnt drive around on high boost all the tme anyways, so it wont be getting hit with the load all the time.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:22 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Installing TurboXS Dual Stage Boost Controller Switch (littlebluecrx)

i say.. run your own from the battery.. so you can use your own size wire and fuse size....so you wont run into any wiring problem later on
Old 03-26-2004, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Installing TurboXS Dual Stage Boost Controller Switch (littlebluecrx)

I'm a schmuck! I mounted my switch right on the center shift console (in front of the little tray between the e-brake and the shifter)...well, when I pushed the console back together, the metal supports on the outside of the shifter area were shorting out the switch. So, when the car turned on, the power was essentially being grounded out and causing the fuse to pop. I'll try covering the terminals or relocating the switch. Thanks for the help.

-Mark