Notices

Installing RC 750cc's while still NA and question about partial throttle tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 03:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Installing RC 750cc's while still NA and question about partial throttle tuning

Hi guys,

I'm going to start installing some parts on my car in preparation for the main turbo kit install.

I was gonna go ahead and install mc RC Eng 750cc injectors and fine tune them for vacuum/partial throttle. I should be ok installing my injectors now right? I was gonna install the injectors and fuel pump now and practice partial throttle tuning.

For the partial throttle tuning I was gonna also install my GE vacuum manifold and y boost gauge. The boost gauge will only read vacuum while I'm NA, but I was gonna use the gauge to tune the different vacuum load points. I wanted to get another vacuum gauge that is more precise and only reads vacuum and T it into my vacuum lines so I can use it to also tune my vacuum load points. I should be ok with doing this too right? after I'm done tuning my partial throttle I was going to remove the second vacuum gauge and that would leave the boost/vacuum gauge in the car.

what do you guys think?
TIA

Old 03-09-2005, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Installing RC 750cc's while still NA and question about partial throttle tuning (BlueShadow)

what are you using to tune with?

doesn't it have datalogging? its pretty hard to watch a wideband, vacuum gauge, rpms and make adjustments to a fuel map.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installing RC 750cc's while still NA and question about partial throttle tuning (seen4ever)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seen4ever &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what are you using to tune with?

doesn't it have datalogging? its pretty hard to watch a wideband, vacuum gauge, rpms and make adjustments to a fuel map.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm using UD, but that info shouldn't matter.

I will have datalogging (forgot to mention that part), so I wont have to memorize the readouts. I was gonna use the vacuum gauge to make sure that the actual vacuum readout is the same thing on my datalog. I'm also gonna be sitting in the passenger seat tuning my car, so all the driver has to do is keep the RPM's steady. I'll take note of what the AFR is at the given vacuum readout and adjust if needed,

Modified by BlueShadow at 7:36 AM 3/9/2005
Old 03-09-2005, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installing RC 750cc's while still NA and question about partial throttle tuning (BlueShadow)

i just wondered what management, just making sure you weren't goign to try and use a vafc.

but i wouldn't really worry about the whole gauge thing, your boost gauge would be fine, but really i tune based on what the datalogging out put tells me, its coming directly from the ecu itself, so if its not working correctly the car shouldn't be running correctly.

750s will take a good deal more fuel around idle and part trottle due to how long they take to open, but up top you'll have to take out some fuel.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installing RC 750cc's while still NA and question about partial throttle tuning (seen4ever)

Yah, this will be my first time tuning, so I'm just trying to find out the best way to do it. I hear some people say that they use the vacuum part of their gauge to help them tune their partial throttle.

I have a sheet with the target AFR's that I need to shoot for throughout the whole RPM vs load map. I figure I would set my new injector size, then tune idle first. I'll do idle up to about 6-7K RPM's. Just looking at the way a car is driven I guessed that partial throttle for cruising and acceleration is easier to tune then deceleration. I might just be making a big deal out of nothing since I haven't tuned before. I know how to adjust the fuel to match the AFR I'm shooting for. It's just some cells I'm not sure how I would tune, but I think I'll figure it out.

EDIT: I was thinking after I do my idle, I would just run it through the gears lightly and adjust my AFR's. And keep going through the gears increasing the amount of throttle I give it each time.

Modified by BlueShadow at 8:22 AM 3/9/2005
Old 03-09-2005, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueShadow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">EDIT: I was thinking after I do my idle, I would just run it through the gears lightly and adjust my AFR's. And keep going through the gears increasing the amount of throttle I give it each time.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

you got it right there, basicly you start with a basemap, which after you adjust the multiplier will be close, then just drive around trying to hit all the cells and adjust fuel accordingly.