Innovative LM-1 wideband & Hondata need help (has anybody wired correctly the LM-1)

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Innovative LM-1 wideband & Hondata need help (has anybody wired correctly the LM-1)

I'm having some problems with the LM-1 and the analog cable which leads to a problem of getting hondata to work. Has anybody wired the LM-1 W/ the analog out cable into the factory honda O2 harness? I have the factory harness setup to accept the wideband. The two black wires are together with a 1 kohm resitor, and I know the green wire is the signal ground and the white is the signal wire. The analog cable has a RED wire with a ground wire attached and a WHITE wire with a ground wire attatched. The way I understand it, is these are two individual analog outputs. Heres the FIRST PROBLEM, when I hook up the wires as instructed by hondata my car goes from 14.7:1 AFR to 11:1 AFR. I'm running open loop with hondata, my set up is S200b. SO thats not obviously. NEXT when I start the hondalogger and set up the custom Lambda tables the accuracy is off, but thats not whats weird( I know I will have to calibrate it) WHAT is weird is when I rev my engine and the AFR readings change quit a bit, the hondalogger readings don't move more than 1/2 up or down. Some one please help, Its gotta be my wiring, if anyone has done this correctly please let me know what wires need to go where.
Thanks Justin
Old 03-10-2004, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Innovative LM-1 wideband & Hondata need help (Turbointegra22)

Don't overly rely on colors, this wiring job may be beyond you.
Here is some important background info.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=606578
-PHiZ
Old 03-10-2004, 07:16 PM

Thanks Phiz, that link helped me understand, but I really need to find out how to wire this correctly, If I forget hondata, even when I wire this(obviously wrong) and plug everything in, both the harness and the analog cable to the LM-1 contol box my car goes rich, thats whats weird about the whole thing. and another thing do I need to even worry about using both red and white or just us one color?
Old 03-10-2004, 08:05 PM

red and white are aux outputs 1 and 2. I believe aux output 1 is setup for narrowband emulation by default. The shielded wire is ground.

First, check your ground, is it going to the battery or chassis, I would reccomend tapping one of the signal grounds from the ecu harness. The O2 sensor already had a signal ground, perhaps re-use that at the engine harness.

Secondly scale the hondata input accordingly.
-PHiZ
Old 03-10-2004, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Innovative LM-1 wideband & Hondata need help (PHiZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PHiZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> this wiring job may be beyond you.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Lol. Well, yes, it may be way beyond you, but surely you have some very intelligent friends that would know how to do such a wiring job.

free bump anyway
Old 03-10-2004, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Innovative LM-1 wideband & Hondata need help (Ibiza)

Here, does this help at all?

That is from your manual. The two shields are the same; they are ground.

This is copied from the manual for wiring the LM-1 to emulate narrow band in 3 or 4 wire applications:
c. Vehicle has a 3-wire sensor:

Typically the 3 wires are heater power, Ground and sensor element connection.

Generally they have 1 black wire and 2 white wires. Connect the black wire from the EFI computer to analog output 1 of the meter. Leave the other wires unconnected but make sure they cannot contact any metal parts or see above. If the wiring colors are different, then heater power can simply be determined by measuring the voltage on the wires when the engine is running. The wire showing 12V or more is the heater power. The sensor element connection voltage fluctuates around 0.45V when the car is warmed up. Wire analog output 1 directly to this wire. The Ground connection has low resistance to chassis ground (less than 1 Ohm). Measure while the engine is off.

d. Vehicle has a 4-wire sensor

Typically the 4 wires are heater power, heater ground, sensor ground, and sensor element connection. Proceed as for the 3-wire sensor.

Hopefully that begins to help you. If not, maybe contact one of the aforementioned intelligent friends.

Modified by Ibiza at 6:20 AM 3/11/2004
Old 03-11-2004, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Innovative LM-1 wideband & Hondata need help (Ibiza)

What would cause my car to goes rich every time I plug the wideband into the stock harness, I'm running closed loop?
Old 03-11-2004, 09:34 AM

Bumpety bump for some help.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:58 AM

Stereo mini jacks can ba a pain in the *** sometimes. Those thin wires don't always get a good connection. screw around with that and see what it does.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:09 AM

Default Re: (tegmech)

Thanks for all the suggestions, any other suggestions are welcome
Old 03-11-2004, 01:53 PM

Default Re: (Turbointegra22)

mas bumpage por favor
Old 03-11-2004, 07:03 PM

Default Re: (Ibiza)

ttt