Notices

inline fuel pump install and turbo timer questioin

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 04:04 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inline fuel pump install and turbo timer questioin

whats up guys..ive searched and got a feeling for the install of the pump. i was wondering though on a G3 teg where can i get a 12v ignition source without running tons of wire. i heard there was one under the drivers side kick panel. If so can someone tellme what color the wire is...

also how long do you guys have your turbo timer set on...is 3min to long??
Old 12-24-2002, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: inline fuel pump install and turbo timer questioin (B18C-RnVA)

Yikes. All the wires you need are under your dash and they come out of the ignition. Get a manual on your car and a volt meter and get under your dash. Don't go poking around the ECU... um-kay. That's bad

Three min is too long. You'll over heat the car that way unless you wire the timer so that it keeps your radiator fans running too. I'll explain:

Hondas have three wires that carry current when the ig is in the run position. One wire carries current when the ig is in the accessory position. Then when you switch over to the run position two more wires come on. For some reason the electrical duties of the car are spread over two circuits when the car is running. One circuit runs the engine and the other runs things like the a/c system and the cooling fans.

Most turbo timers have only one wire that taps into the ig run position wire. Well, since Hondas have two wires that need power in the on position I've elected the wire that keeps the car on. I haven't tried jumping these two wires with the wire from the turbo timer yet but I have a feeling that would work to keep both circuits powered after I remove the key.

Since I've only hooked up the one wire to the timer my cooling fan does't run when the timer is working and this kinda sucks because I can't leave my car on too long because it will over heat.

Should I jump the two power wires? Will this cause a problem with the circuit?
Old 12-24-2002, 07:31 AM
New User

Default Re: inline fuel pump install and turbo timer questioin (glagola1)

yeah my boy speedymon on the HT board..showed me the wire but i didnt have time to really look at it...anymore help guys