Notices

Injector question...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector question...

If you add larger injectors to your car and dont tune it what happens? Does it run too rich, too lean, or just the same as it did only at a lower duty cycle?
Old 12-18-2004, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Injector question... (95excoupe)

They wont add more fuel unless you change fuel maps or pressure..

Modified by Mrspeaker at 2:34 AM 12/19/2004
Old 12-18-2004, 10:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Injector question... (Mrspeaker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mrspeaker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

They wont add more fuel unless you change fuel maps or pressure..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well thats 100% wrong. If you dont change anything in the tuning then the duty cycle does not change and the car will run richer.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Injector question... (omahaturbocivic)

ok I dont know ****..
Old 12-18-2004, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^ lol
If you change the injectors but nothing else then they stay open the same amount of time as stock ones but are dumping more fuel.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:26 PM

Default Re: (T-RO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by T-RO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^ lol
If you change the injectors but nothing else then they stay open the same amount of time as stock ones but are dumping more fuel.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Okay yeah thats what I thought..hmm this might be a good thing I am pinging now with stock injectors when I really get on it. You think the 450's will richen them up too much? I am using the emanage that came with my greddy kit and I havent tuned it.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by T-RO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^ lol
If you change the injectors but nothing else then they stay open the same amount of time as stock ones but are dumping more fuel.</TD></TR></TABLE>

But remember this too..your injectors are spraying more gas with the bigger injectors and stock fuel pressure setting, but it'll be fine at idle, but when your rpm goes up the injectors will shot faster and that's where your problem will be. Because the pressure will drop since it's letting more gas out and at mid to high rpm you'll lean out and kaboom...

you have to increase the fuel pressure with a more lph fuel pump or get a fuel pressure regulator to increase the pressure...sure you'll be super super rich at low rpm but at mid to high rpm you'll be running okay rather than lean.

This only applies to untuned maps....for tuned maps they decrease the opening duration of the injectors at low rpm so you won't be runing too rich and fine tune the opening duration for mid to high rpm.

I hope this helped you understand more...
Old 12-19-2004, 07:47 PM

Default Re: (CivicEJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But remember this too..your injectors are spraying more gas with the bigger injectors and stock fuel pressure setting, but it'll be fine at idle, but when your rpm goes up the injectors will shot faster and that's where your problem will be. Because the pressure will drop since it's letting more gas out and at mid to high rpm you'll lean out and kaboom...

you have to increase the fuel pressure with a more lph fuel pump or get a fuel pressure regulator to increase the pressure...sure you'll be super super rich at low rpm but at mid to high rpm you'll be running okay rather than lean.

This only applies to untuned maps....for tuned maps they decrease the opening duration of the injectors at low rpm so you won't be runing too rich and fine tune the opening duration for mid to high rpm.

I hope this helped you understand more...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Makes sense...thanks for the info I am going to get them and wait till I can go get it tuned before I put them in. I also heard the dsm injectors arent as fast as the RC's in terms of how it sprays, I guess its a peak/hold vs saturated thing...regardless, I am still going dsm because I am a cheap *** and they are like $65. hahah
Old 12-19-2004, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

let me know if you need a resistor box for your DSM injectors. I sell them
Old 12-19-2004, 09:38 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by T-RO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">let me know if you need a resistor box for your DSM injectors. I sell them </TD></TR></TABLE>

How much?