Notices

injector problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injector problem

Well I decided to go with the dsm 450's for my turbo setup. I have a obd1 car, so I got the resitor box and made the install. I cut back the fuel on the vafc by 40 and got a idle at about 900-1200 with some surgeing. So I think to my self that one of the injectors are bad so I get some peak and hold 240's from my friend and install them. I reset the ecu and put all the settings back to zero. I then started up the car and it held a steady idle, but the idle is at 2000 rpms. Whenever I drive it around it drives really well and has no problems but it just idles high. I dont think it is a vacuum leak because it looks as if all my lines are hooked up correctly. Let me know what you guys think.
thanks
drew-
Old 10-08-2004, 06:48 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 218 Likes on 196 Posts
Default Re: injector problem (drewlee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drewlee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well I decided to go with the dsm 450's for my turbo setup. I have a obd1 car, so I got the resitor box and made the install. I cut back the fuel on the vafc by 40 and got a idle at about 900-1200 with some surgeing. So I think to my self that one of the injectors are bad so I get some peak and hold 240's from my friend and install them. I reset the ecu and put all the settings back to zero. I then started up the car and it held a steady idle, but the idle is at 2000 rpms. Whenever I drive it around it drives really well and has no problems but it just idles high. I dont think it is a vacuum leak because it looks as if all my lines are hooked up correctly. Let me know what you guys think.
thanks
drew-</TD></TR></TABLE>
You cannot run 450cc's with an A'Pexi VAFC. You are dumping too much fuel into your car and the VAFC is unable to control it. I suggest you install an engine management system ASAP because your car is not running to its full potential.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well now i ran the dsm 450's with a vafc just fine awile ago, but they have always had a shity idel. it seams like thats a pritty common problum with the dsm's. hondata specificly states that they wont work properly and are genraly shitty. btw, mine are for sale.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:39 AM

Default Re: (grndcont)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NVturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You cannot run 450cc's with an A'Pexi VAFC. You are dumping too much fuel into your car and the VAFC is unable to control it. I suggest you install an engine management system ASAP because your car is not running to its full potential. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you retarded??? Its called the VAFC Hack, Its been around for many years...
In regards to your question I would just change some of ur settings around, maybe try -38 or 39, sounds like everything is hooked up right but just needs some minor adjustments.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:04 AM

Default Re: injector problem (NVturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NVturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You cannot run 450cc's with an A'Pexi VAFC. You are dumping too much fuel into your car and the VAFC is unable to control it. I suggest you install an engine management system ASAP because your car is not running to its full potential. </TD></TR></TABLE>
there r hundreds of people out there running 450s with the hack. duh-doohh
Old 10-09-2004, 05:24 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 218 Likes on 196 Posts
Default Re: (g2_boosted)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by g2_boosted &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Are you retarded??? Its called the VAFC Hack, Its been around for many years...
In regards to your question I would just change some of ur settings around, maybe try -38 or 39, sounds like everything is hooked up right but just needs some minor adjustments.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Me retarded..nah..that's why I have an engine management system on my car. F**k the VAFC hack!!
Old 10-09-2004, 03:33 PM

Default Re: (NVturbo)

well you guys really didnt help but thanks anyways.
drew-