Notices

ill send u $5 paypal if u can tell me How To install GREDDY TURBO TIMER step by step ? *searched* Pl

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 07:05 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ill send u $5 paypal if u can tell me How To install GREDDY TURBO TIMER step by step ? *searched* Pl

like the title sayd trying to figure out how to install this turbo timer i searched and found this

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1675131
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1065676

i dont wanna buy the harness bc im cheap and just wanna get done with this so i dont have to seat for like 2-3 mins in the car to let it cold for a while pls help me thanks

Old 07-10-2006, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ill send u $5 paypal if u can tell me How To install GREDDY TURBO TIMER step by step ? *searched

Do you just want to know the wire colors?

In the Honda (95 civic)
12v + -------- white
Ignition + ----- black/yellow

From a greddy timer
12v+ --------- red
Ignition + -----green

A honda this old only needs the one ignition wire to keep it running.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:11 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: ill send u $5 paypal if u can tell me How To install GREDDY TURBO TIMER step by step ? *searched

i wanna know where to splice and wheres the wires where it goes PIC will be better thanks

pis from first step to last
$5 come on guys
Old 07-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://importnut.net/turbotimer.htm
Old 07-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the pic is in one of your links....you already found it yourself.

In the top yellow square is the 12v white wire....about a 12-14 gauge wire. And in the square below is the ignition wire....black yellow.

Its not that hard.....now take your car apart.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:19 PM
B A N N E D

which one is more safer and more easier to install im where to put the green wire?
the blue wire?
red? black i know its ground

how about the other clip where s that thing go
Old 07-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would splice onto them closer to the plugs than to the key cylinder.

red goes to white (12v constant)
green goes to black/yellow stripe (ignition)
blue wire could be for a 2nd ignition, which some cars have.....or you could hook it up to the accessory wire. You don't need it at all though with a 5th generation civic.

there is a 2 pin plug (small wires) that is optional for parking brake and speed signal.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:27 PM
B A N N E D

ok got u there but wheres the blue and black go and on the side of that wires(redblueblack green) theirs 3 wires with femela plus (purplebrown and grey where that goes?

ur almost there for the 5 buck man
Old 07-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoon95eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok got u there but wheres the blue and black go and on the side of that wires(redblueblack green) theirs 3 wires with femela plus (purplebrown and grey where that goes?

ur almost there for the 5 buck man </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not worried about the $5....just trying to help out.

You do not need to hook up the blue wire....If you want to hook it up for peace of mind, it goes to the yellow wire (in the bottom yellow square in the picture above).

Black is something you can just ground to the metal around there. You can ground it to that "knee plate" when you put it back on.

Brown is the parking brake wire.....the easiest place (if you don't have a meter) to splice onto the wire is by the parking brake.

Purple is your speed sense wire......it goes to a wire in the middle plug of your ecu.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:36 PM
B A N N E D

i forgot what 5th gen civic

btw i have a hatch 95 civic

so<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 5thgen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would splice onto them closer to the plugs than to the key cylinder.

red goes to white (12v constant)
green goes to black/yellow stripe (ignition)
ill do this

blue wire could be for a 2nd ignition, which some cars have.....or you could hook it up to the accessory wire. You don't need it at all though with a 5th generation civic. <U>where what color of wire to splice</U>
there is a 2 pin plug (small wires) that is optional for parking brake and speed signal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks alot
Old 07-10-2006, 07:39 PM
B A N N E D

so should i put the black wire to the ground or no

*edit* miss that sorry thanks alotman i appreciate it

im seriuos about the 5 buck let me get ur paypal id so i can send it right now
Old 07-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes. If you don't ground the turbo timer, the turbo timer will not work.

and I don't know the color off of the ecu for the speed sense wire off the top of my head.

http://www.apexi-usa.com/pdfInstallation/22.pdf

but you can find it here....it is off of the H-2 diagram.

*don't worry about the $5....its nice to help out once in a while, plus you gave me something to do
Old 07-10-2006, 07:48 PM
B A N N E D

thank you very very mucho

now im putting it on wish me luck
Old 07-11-2006, 04:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

THanks for the info, I have someone that's been bugging me for a while to put his timer in. I think I'll bother to do it now
Old 07-11-2006, 07:18 AM
B A N N E D

Its fuckiing easy as 1234 lmfao thanks for 5thgen for helping me maybe

5thgen should make a official turbo timer installation thread

Very easy gl with urs hiprofile
Old 07-11-2006, 09:27 AM

sorry to jack your thread spoon95eg, but does anyone with a greddy turbo timer know if their radiator fan works while the timer is counting down? i forgot how exactly i wired my TT, but i will compare it with what has been said in this thread.(red to white, green to black/yellow, blue to 2nd ignition). when my turbo timer is counting down my blower motor fan doesnt doesnt work either. i read a post a while back about someone with the same problem, but i didnt find the solution. is my wiring wrong or is there a secret to fix this problem? the timer doesnt do any good if the radiator fan doesnt work while its counting down.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:28 AM
B A N N E D

U got to wire ur fan on the accesories to so its on the whole time like I have and ur done
Old 07-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My fan still comes on when my greddy turbo timer is still counting down. So I would say yes it should work. It'll come on when it sense it hot. Does your fan comes on when your driving? The tt have nothing to do with the fan. If it work when driving I see no reason why it wouldn't work when the tt is counting down. Unless the fan is not working or the motor is not hot enough for it to come on? Then again, doubt check your wires.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:16 AM

Default Re: (kool_sohc)

yea my fan works. i can hear it sometimes before i actually take me key out of the ignition, and when i do, i hear it turn off along with my blower motor. i will recheck my wiring later today. thanks for confirming that it is supposed to work.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:14 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vietjdmboi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
http://importnut.net/turbotimer.htm</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is the same picture I used for my Turbo Timer..works perfect.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:28 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: (DC2xSiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC2xSiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea my fan works. i can hear it sometimes before i actually take me key out of the ignition, and when i do, i hear it turn off along with my blower motor. i will recheck my wiring later today. thanks for confirming that it is supposed to work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

but i rather rewire it to the acc. so its on all the time
Old 07-11-2006, 05:06 PM

Default Re: (spoon95eg)

ok so i looked at my wiring. it turns out that my blue wire was tapped into the ACC. i unsoldered it and tapped into IG2 instead and my problem was solved.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoon95eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but i rather rewire it to the acc. so its on all the time </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the suggestion, but it sucks when it takes forever for my car to warm up. especially when it's cold outside. my oil cooler doesnt help with that either. i need to get a thermostat for it.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:19 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: (DC2xSiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC2xSiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok so i looked at my wiring. it turns out that my blue wire was tapped into the ACC. i unsoldered it and tapped into IG2 instead and my problem was solved.

thanks for the suggestion, but it sucks when it takes forever for my car to warm up. especially when it's cold outside. my oil cooler doesnt help with that either. i need to get a thermostat for it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats good to hear