Notices

IHI return line flange and gasket

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IHI return line flange and gasket

I've searched the forums, and all over google, but I can't get an answer. I would really appreciate any help I can get, since I've been waiting forever to get this done.

I need to solve a couple of problems with my turbo set-up. I have an IHI RHB5 turbo. First, I need a gasket to go between manifold and the turbo flange. I can't find a place online that sells it...seems like it should be easy enough to find, but I can't.

Second, I need help on the return line situation. I know there are tons of threads on this, but I'm not sure what to do. I either need a flange like this:

so I can use steel braided hose for the return, OR it sounds like I can use the flange I already have and just use some sort of thick rubber line for the return? I've heard that rubber is a bad idea, but if you guys are using it without problems, I don't see a reason not to.

Can someone PLEASE help me out? I've been looking for answers for years, but since I've never gotton all the info I need, I haven't been able to put this thing on. I finally want to get it done over spring break.

-Matt
Old 03-09-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: IHI return line flange and gasket (lynx44)

i would run a braided line if at all possible

the hoses have more chance to kink or get bends in them which causes an oil restriction and will result in blown turbo seals.....(this happened to me)

Old 03-09-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: IHI return line flange and gasket (Evanmb44)

well u can always go to the dealership where the turbo(off of wuteva car it was) came from. i got my mitsubishi oil return n gasket at the dealership. but u can always check cheapturbo.com or atpturbo.com . hope that helped.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.fast-turbo.com, stan is the man