Notices

I Have Decided To Keep My Accel DFI Gen 7 & Not Go With Hondata Thank's To Job Spetter!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Have Decided To Keep My Accel DFI Gen 7 & Not Go With Hondata Thank's To Job Spetter!

As many know I have been tired of how drivablility has been with the Gen 7. I have had it for 8 months and just had it with constant surging and engine dying when comong to a stop and putting the car in nuetrul. So George (lsvtecvx), who also runs the Gen 7, recommened that i talk to Job Spetter Jr. After finding out he was in Dallas for Fun Ford Weekend I decided this is the closest i'll ever get to him since he's resides in New York, so i drove 3 hours to Ennis without him knowing I was coming. I was very reluctant to go and be turned down, but George insisted how nice of a guy he was and that he wouldn't turn me away. Which he was right! Toward the end of the day he began work on my car. Whithin 20 minutes of tuning my car was idling like stock even with the ac on and has yet to die on me. The idle doesn't even go below 1000rpm to 200rpm and build itself back up like it used to. I was extremely amazed. This guy just did a miracle! It actually idles like a stock car. TURBODANDEE rode in my car last week and again today and he can attest to the night and day difference. After talking with him a bit he told me that he helped design and create the Gen 7 and that he had the very first unit a year before it was released, and it shows. He was just going through tables faster than you can keep up watching! Trust me guy's Job is the real deal when it comes to tuning DFI, and there is know one any better. I have decided to wait till he comes down in March so he can tune my car.
Job Spetter
http://www.turbopeople.com
Old 09-22-2003, 04:46 PM
New User

Default Re: I Have Decided To Keep My Accel DFI Gen 7 & Not Go With Hondata Thank's To Job Spetter! (turbo S

Congrats glad things worked out for you now. I have HEARD nothing but good things about Job and Turbo People!
Old 09-22-2003, 04:55 PM
HT's Biggest Loser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I Have Decided To Keep My Accel DFI Gen 7 & Not Go With Hondata Thank's To Job Spetter! (turbo S

Job did the same thing to my barely idling car.
DFI 7.0 rocks man.
george (lsvtecvx)
Old 09-22-2003, 05:40 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIXTYdashONE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Job did the same thing to my barely idling car.
DFI 7.0 rocks man.
george (lsvtecvx)
</TD></TR></TABLE>
You run the Gen 7 as well?
Job is the man. He's only 24 years old and tuning cars as fast as 6 seconds in the 1/4 mile!
Old 09-22-2003, 06:00 PM

Yup,Job is the best tuner in the world for Accel DFI....
Old 09-22-2003, 06:04 PM

The Spetter family are great tuners..
Old 09-22-2003, 06:13 PM
HT's Biggest Loser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually run the old school 6.0.. i remember giving you some tips way back in the day, hehe.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIXTYdashONE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I actually run the old school 6.0.. i remember giving you some tips way back in the day, hehe. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Really.....my bad, i've spoken with so many people. Why don't you upgrade to the Gen 7?
I can't wait to send in my ecu to upgrade to the new software. They say it's more street friendly, and will have a parameter to bump up the ignition when the ac kicks on. Job said he'll get it to where my rpms don't budge when the ac circulates on and off. Just seeing the way he tuned my car made me regret not going to him any sooner and having to go through all the suffering I have been going through! Just wish he was closer .
Old 09-22-2003, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Luckily, they are only 15 minutes from my house!! As soon as I get my hondata I am going to him to tune it!!
Old 09-22-2003, 07:42 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m R g S r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Luckily, they are only 15 minutes from my house!! As soon as I get my hondata I am going to him to tune it!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont think he messes with hondata much..he's a accel god,your best bet is too skip that hondata stuff and have him install/tune a accel gen 7 in your car for about $1700...that's the way to go....
Old 09-22-2003, 08:50 PM

does he do AEM?
Old 09-22-2003, 09:38 PM
Better than steak

Very cool david. Nice to meet you at fun ford this weekend.

art
Old 09-22-2003, 10:07 PM

Thats a long *** ******* title, David!

Anyways, i was at David's restaurant today and his car does run alot better than last week. too bad he cant boost right now cause his distributor isnt set up right... i was about to put a hurting on his car!
Old 09-22-2003, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

glad to hear you got it to work for you!
I knew it had to be a tuning issue, but I'm not a tuner whatsoever. Anyway, whats next for you? I suppose your gonna keep your car now huh?

Randy
Old 09-22-2003, 11:41 PM

i suppose a BIGGER turbo is next in line
Old 09-23-2003, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn thats cool, but my car does it with a stock ecu???
Old 09-23-2003, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn thats cool, but my car does it with a stock ecu??? I wonder whats wrong with mine?
Old 09-23-2003, 06:09 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboDANDEE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats a long *** ******* title, David!

Anyways, i was at David's restaurant today and his car does run alot better than last week. too bad he cant boost right now cause his distributor isnt set up right... i was about to put a hurting on his car! </TD></TR></TABLE>
YEAH RIGHT, not the way your car is running....blump,blump,blump,blump......blump!LOL.
What's up Randy. Yeah you were right, it was a tuning issue all this time. What really dissapoints me is that the previous tuner (not goona mention names) couldn't do the same. I chose to go with DFI Gen 7 because that was the unit he said he knows best and he guaranteed great driveability with proper idleing and ac working properly. But after countless amounts of trips to his shop for tuning, he said this is as good as it's gonna get. Don't get me wrong, he's a real nice person and tuned my car well at wot, but I was still unhappy with the way my car ran through out the day which is the way i drive the car a majority of the time. As an authorized tuner for Accel I was very dissapointed. Even the installation for sequential timing was not right. I have to send a new distributor shaft to Job so he can modify it for me. The techs at DFI said the Gen 7 is very capable of allowing the car to run like stock, and I had given up hope on that before Job. When he was going from screen to screen on his laptop I could hear him talking to himself saying "this is wrong" click, "this is wrong" click. About 20 minutes later he asks me to drive it around and tell him what I think. The way my luck was going with this car and tuning, and as fast as he was messing with it, I was waiting for the rpms to fall flat on it's ***. Never happened. I'm telling you guy's he is an awsome person and knows alot about Honda's! If anyone is ever looking for a complete standalone ecu and still ahve the abilty to allow the car to run, idle, and have the ac work like stock, then the Accel DFI Gen 7 is definately the way to go and JOB SPETTER is the man who can make it happen! Like someone said earlier "Job is tuning god on DFI!"
Randy, after I send my ecu to Job for upgrading the software and get the distributor shaft and other little things taken care of, i'm gonna get in touch with you on on installing my Quaife. I'm tired of it just sitting in my office.

Modified by turbo Si at 11:20 AM 9/23/2003

Modified by turbo Si at 3:13 PM 9/23/2003
Old 09-23-2003, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The Spetter family rocks. SR Spetter tuned my Dads Buick years back and tuned mine aswell at the track. I hang out at Dasilva Racing all the time (5.0L Mustang shop). Joe Dasilva has a 6.52 @ 218mph twin turbo pro 5.0 Mustang that is tuned by Jr Spetter. Every event Joe goes to, Jr is there aswell tunning his car. He is the best of the best. You can't beat this guys knowledge. He is truely amazing.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:27 AM

Yeah, the DaSlivia crew was very helpful allowing me to borrow tools and finding us a proper working timing light from another crew. really cool bunch of guy's. Man if Job had more time I could of taken that DaSilvia Mustang!
Old 09-23-2003, 08:34 AM

quit talking **** David, u cant back nothing up!
Old 09-23-2003, 11:52 AM

The only thing I can back up "now" is a stock like running car, unlike you. **** you could end up passing out standing next to your car with all the fumes your passing out!
One thing Job recommened to me is to go with an 8 injector setup with 440cc injectors on an Edlebrock manifold. He guaranteed that I will get 28-30 mpg in the city! Has anyone tried anything similar , and what mileage are you getting?
Old 09-23-2003, 05:16 PM

staged injector setup will give you excellent results and good mpg
job sr and jr know the dfi well and would trust them and if your on the west cost kenny duttwiller is just as good.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:19 AM

Anyone have pics of how the setup would look with the Edlebrock manifold?
Old 09-24-2003, 01:25 PM

i dont have pics but you run a rail on the underside of the manifold and you can run a y splitter and run a regulator on each rail or the easier way of just run the outlet of the first rail into the inlet of the second rail and run the regulator at the end.