Notices

Huge Hondata/Nitrous problem.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huge Hondata/Nitrous problem.

I am having problems with the install of the N20 controls of my Hondata S200. If anyone has any suggestions please help. Here is the setup:

NOS dry kit
Hondata S200
ac removed, toggle switch wired to ground the AC input signal at the ECU to activate N20.
Output to sol (A15) AC compressor control is wire to nitrous sol. When grounded manually the sol works just fine. When driving I get no action from the ECU. I have setup the N20 controls in the program about a million different ways and have had no luck getting it to activate the sol. So I switched it to the Purge control wire to see if I had any action there. CLICK! Yay the sol works but it works ALL THE TIME! ***! It basically is coming on any time the fuel pump is on. So 2 seconds when the key is turned on and then all the time when running. I double/triple checke dthe pin and it is correct. Something very fishy. Oh and in datalog when I turn the arm switch on and off it shows the AC input turning on and off so I know that signal is correct.

Anyone who has setup one of these before please give me a swift kick in the right direction. As of now I am lost.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Huge Hondata/Nitrous problem. (FULLTHROTTLE)

http://hondata.com/featuresnitrous.html

I'm sure you checked there.

Make sure your using the right pins. Sounds like you are using the wrong pin out of the ecu to the siloniod. Get a service manual and double check your reading the pins in the correct order.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Huge Hondata/Nitrous problem. (b18cx)

Tried both pins. One doesnt do anything the other is turning on the sol with the fuel pump. I own the ETM for a 92 civ and a 94 GSR and have checked the wiring about 10 times to make sure they are the correct pins.

I also noticed something when I tried switching to the power steering pressure input, the idle will still raise when I turn on the switch like the hondata is not activating the input as NOS instead of a normal PSP input. Weird. Getting tired of ******* with it so Ill probably just hook it up as a wet kit tommorow and tell Hondata to go F*** off.

On a sidenote its boosheet that there is no place for the datalog to show Nitrous functions.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:27 PM

i am also having a problem with my n2o coresponding with my hondata. the purge works. when i flip the nitrous switch on i can here it changing maps but im getting no power to my selaniod. i checked my fuses,nos relay,ground, ect..
im stumped.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Huge Hondata/Nitrous problem. (megotvtec)

I found my problem, there is a typo in my 92 civic ETM that shows the wrong pins. I moved the output wire over to teh correct pin (found it in the Integra ETM for 94) and now it is flawless.

Oh yeah, made 274 hp on a .022 jet and 10psi. Stock B16 with stock cams and JRSC.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a feeling it was wiring related
Old 07-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Huge Hondata/Nitrous problem. (Spunkster)

I ended up trying another ECU and still no luck. Then I busted out the old school break out box and started testing pins one at a time and found the problem. Now I marked the ETM so I know which ones are which.